Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Jesse

Default What's needed for good build??

Hey all, looking to getting some bigger injectors soon and probably a cp3 as well, this weekend I'm going to pick up a short block lbz motor with the plans to build that and drop in my truck, my question is what is the best parts to buy to build it to hold 800ish the best, I know roughly what I need but wanted to know best brands and options to go with. Thanks in advance
5" exhaust, S&B intake, intercooler pipes + Y-bridge hsp, PPE race plug +ported fittings, fass 150 trans tuning Dmax tuner, engine tuning Danville performance, Danville Performance 3794 Stg2 billet 68mm wheel+housing, built trans, Goerend"R" converter
Old 01-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2006duramax View Post
Hey all, looking to getting some bigger injectors soon and probably a cp3 as well, this weekend I'm going to pick up a short block lbz motor with the plans to build that and drop in my truck, my question is what is the best parts to buy to build it to hold 800ish the best, I know roughly what I need but wanted to know best brands and options to go with. Thanks in advance
I don't know what your plans are, but when my motor goes I thought about one of these. https://www.waglercompetition.com/pr...k-entry-level/ takes all the guess work out and I would think it would hold more then 800hp. Only thing I was thinking about changing on my setup would be changing the small charger to something like a s366and upgrading to a 12mm pump or add a stock pump as a second. I'm not looking for something to beat on all time anymore, most of the time I'm driving around my kids...man that makes me sound old as 7 or 8 years ago I beat the crap out of my trucks and tried to break them so I could upgrade them...
09 lmm ccsb ltz, ATP tuning, mpi s480 over stocker, big dipper trans, 60 overs, 10mm stroker pump, ppe up pipes and manifold, banks intercooler & exhaust, airdog165, isspro guages, traction bars, the list goes on
01 lb7 red RC/LB 11.58@119 MPH, SOLD
01 lb7 Black CC/LB, SOLD

Last edited by ZeroGravity58; 01-10-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2006duramax View Post
In your sig I didnt notice trans , converter and are you planning twins ? It might help to know your budget , reliable 800hp costs do add up . Good luck with your build !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqued2dmax View Post
In your sig I didnt notice trans , converter and are you planning twins ? It might help to know your budget , reliable 800hp costs do add up . Good luck with your build !
I need to update that, the trans is built to hold well more than 800 and has a goerend "R" torque converter. Not sure but will probably do twins and as far as cost goes, I'm not worried and want to do it good and will put the money into it, it's not something I plan on having done in a couple months
5" exhaust, S&B intake, intercooler pipes + Y-bridge hsp, PPE race plug +ported fittings, fass 150 trans tuning Dmax tuner, engine tuning Danville performance, Danville Performance 3794 Stg2 billet 68mm wheel+housing, built trans, Goerend"R" converter
Old 01-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity58 View Post
I don't know what your plans are, but when my motor goes I thought about one of these. https://www.waglercompetition.com/pr...k-entry-level/ takes all the guess work out and I would think it would hold more then 800hp. Only thing I was thinking about changing on my setup would be changing the small charger to something like a s366and upgrading to a 12mm pump or add a stock pump as a second. I'm not looking for something to beat on all time anymore, most of the time I'm driving around my kids...man that makes me sound old as 7 or 8 years ago I beat the crap out of my trucks and tried to break them so I could upgrade them...

Lol time does fly by and go past in the blink of an eye. I have been looking into them and may consider it yet, I'm going to see how things go with this block first and go from there
Old 01-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Hotrodder

Where you are located , I was very happy with the work Black out performance in south west pa did on my truck ! And whats good for you is they are very swamped since they were on street outlaws , they may be able to help with your build over the next 6 to 12 months . Give Caleb a call and good luck with build ! And afterwards he will send you to Mark for a dyno tune , what a great way to end a build !
AFE Blade Runner,AFE Momentum CAI,DHD Big Air intake Y pipe, DHD fuel block,DHD pcv reroute,MBRP 4 inch exhaust,DHD 3 inch downpipe,BD driver's side manifold,DHD pass side up pipe,DHD 3 inch intercooler hot&cold pipes, ATI damper,Empire pin kit by Big Foot on & off road shop, FASS fuel system,5/8 inch pickup, FASS fuel filter delete, EFI live,V2 & lap top , 5 position switch 250 hp big tune, shimmed fprv by Crank it up , built SunCoast Allison 1078 converter aftermarket trany mount by Limitless Diesel,ARP head studs,grade C gaskets,tig-welded water pump,T stats by Blackout performance,MA t case brace , Kriptonite motor mounts,MA pump rub kit,HD drive shaft 1480joints by Greensburg machine,BDS Recoil traction bars, PPE finned deep pan , Mike L trany cooler, PSC pump, 5100s, Sulastic Shackles, Curt com 2.5 hitch
Old 01-10-2018, 08:19 PM
<thatís not me...

I’m probably going to get corrected but... can either go budget rods such as Brian crowers or wagler new budget rods, or for hot too much more a tried and true set of Carrillo’s. Major race cast pistons or fingers oval bowls. 100 over injectors. 12mm stroker. And an s480 over your 3794. I think thatll get you to your goal. Probably missing a few things here or there but it’s a good starter

Other toys:
1982 K10 6.2 Detroit diesel/sm465/np205 with 4 inch lift and 35s.
2011 Yamaha YFZ450X
2003 Yamaha YZ250