Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 12-30-2017, 06:06 AM
ctodd36 ctodd36 is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Otego, NY
Posts: 85

Default Stock or lifted

Hey guys just trying to get some more opinions. I am getting my truck closer to being finished for the 2018 season and would like to know if you guys are running stock suspension or doing a suspension lift and then dropping them down! Iíve seen it done both ways and seen success both ways just want to ask you fine folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
04 ECSB 2.5 puller
15 CC Dually
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:20 AM
ballen6 ballen6 is offline
FNG
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctodd36 View Post
Hey guys just trying to get some more opinions. I am getting my truck closer to being finished for the 2018 season and would like to know if you guys are running stock suspension or doing a suspension lift and then dropping them down! Iíve seen it done both ways and seen success both ways just want to ask you fine folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I've never heard of lifting an ifs truck and then dropping it down. Really curious the reason for that???? I've had 3 lifted duramax trucks and prefer them lifted. I've had a superlift, pro-comp and currently have fab-tec. If you have questions on any of them let me know.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:38 AM
Dozerboy's Avatar
Dozerboy Dozerboy is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX of course
Posts: 3,562

Default

I would run it stock for a season before lifting it unless you just want a lifted truck. You might not want a bigger wider tire. Back in the day TC lifts where common and did well with pullers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4





These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:50 AM
ctodd36 ctodd36 is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Otego, NY
Posts: 85

Default

I just donít want to go ahead and get my ride height all set and then figure out I canít keep tires straight! I think thatís my plan as of right now but keeping an open mind


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
04 ECSB 2.5 puller
15 CC Dually
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM
ctodd36 ctodd36 is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Otego, NY
Posts: 85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen6 View Post
I've never heard of lifting an ifs truck and then dropping it down. Really curious the reason for that???? I've had 3 lifted duramax trucks and prefer them lifted. I've had a superlift, pro-comp and currently have fab-tec. If you have questions on any of them let me know.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


You can get cv axles with a little negative angle, only lift the truck 3Ē or so and when you are under power lift to keep cv flat


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
04 ECSB 2.5 puller
15 CC Dually
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:23 PM
RobsDmax's Avatar
RobsDmax RobsDmax is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Posts: 770
Default

I have only ran stock ride height no stops etc. I might consider a tuff country however I actually will be hoping to try a lower than stock height front and rear this season.
__________________
2003 Chevy LB7 RC/LB
EFI By Kory

2003 Chevy LB7 CC/SB "Cheap Hooker"
EFI By Kory - S400 HSP Kit - 2.5" Billet Charger - 2.8" Puller

2008 GMC LMM CC/SB
EFI By Kory - Magnaflow Exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 PM
ctodd36 ctodd36 is offline
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Otego, NY
Posts: 85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsDmax View Post
I have only ran stock ride height no stops etc. I might consider a tuff country however I actually will be hoping to try a lower than stock height front and rear this season.


How are you going to fit 35s with lower then stock lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
04 ECSB 2.5 puller
15 CC Dually
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors