Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Heavy & Slow

Default 2001 4.8L dual-tank OS

My friend and I swapped a 2001 4.8L into his old 1984 Ford pickup, which has dual tanks. I would like to get the GM ECU controlling them, but I can't seem to find a 2001 OS that supports dual tanks.

His current OS is 12208322, so if someone has that with dual tanks, I can segment swap, but I could just copy/paste the tune over to a different OS if necessary. It is running the stock 2001 GM dashboard, so probably best to stick to 2001-2002 tunes.

Anyone have one laying around, or know where to look for one? It seems all the old tune depots have shut down (holdencrazy, etc)

Old 06-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Gearhead

I'm not sure if the OS can read both tanks. I think it just handles the main in the dual tank Suburbans. May be wrong though.

All of those repos are kept here now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk...s4SRJ9NGa?dl=0

Good luck.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:12 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.Reed View Post
I'm not sure if the OS can read both tanks. I think it just handles the main in the dual tank Suburbans. May be wrong though.

All of those repos are kept here now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk...s4SRJ9NGa?dl=0

Good luck.
The suburban with dual tanks runs the transfer pump to move fuel from the rear to the front. Your best bet is going to be to find a 6.0l dual tank tune from a 3500 cab and chassis pickup.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Heavy & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
The suburban with dual tanks runs the transfer pump to move fuel from the rear to the front. Your best bet is going to be to find a 6.0l dual tank tune from a 3500 cab and chassis pickup.
That's actually what we want to happen. We plumbed the main high pressure fuel pump and return into the front tank, and a transfer pump from the rear to the front tank. I managed to locate a 2001 suburban tune, I'll see if it works.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 PM
LEGALLY INSANE

The pickups and burbs both work the same way transferring fuel forward. The only difference is the suburban used 1 filler hose for both tanks while the pickups used a seperate filler for each tank. Since they worked that way, the suburban tune is not as picky about seeing the fuel transfer at a specific rate, so it is alot more foregiving.