SDP Built Trans w/ Goerend G billet stator
S472sx-e .87/1.0ar w/ SDP Piping
Wagler street intake
Tuned by Aaron Wiebe
Custom 80" Trac Bars by MBS Diesel
ADII 165
Full Kryptonite Front end
PPE manifolds up pipes
Special Thanks to: Scott@ SDP, Aaron Wiebe @ All In Truck Performance, Lyle & Clay @ Bama Offroad, and Justin Goode @ MBS Diesel

Best time to date: 12.80 @ 110.78
Old 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Hotrodder

Any updates?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:31 AM
smokinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzjk913 View Post
Any updates?
Camaro went to 🇨🇦

Long story short... my mom has been on disability and pretty much house bound for the last ten years. We sent her labs to Germany to test against a treatment not FDA approved in the US (but they will let you pay out of pocket for it no problem). The test results came back that she would be a good canadate for the treatment... treatment is about $40k for the 15 month treatment program. Sold the Camaro last month to fund everything. I can build another any time, Id rather have my mom back.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 AM
NOT IN OREGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motorsports View Post
Camaro went to 🇨🇦

Long story short... my mom has been on disability and pretty much house bound for the last ten years. We sent her labs to Germany to test against a treatment not FDA approved in the US (but they will let you pay out of pocket for it no problem). The test results came back that she would be a good canadate for the treatment... treatment is about $40k for the 15 month treatment program. Sold the Camaro last month to fund everything. I can build another any time, Id rather have my mom back.
That's a sad but very loving and thoughtful thing you did there. Only one question. Is the new owner going to drive it even half as hard as you would have... That had the potential to do some serious damage to the 10.0 list
Efi Live, MikeL trans/R converter, 5" Magnaflow, 3" Magnaflow DP, 4" CAI, ADII 165, BT box, RDL intake horn, Manifolds/uppipes, 3" MBRP boost tubes, Rancho 9000's, RareParts tierods, DHD Brace, 4/6 drop, 60" traction bars, LML 20's/420's
Port/polished/wetzel turbo by Yellowchevy
Old 11-13-2017, 05:03 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Camaro went to 🇨🇦

god bless you man.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:14 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Camaro went to 🇨🇦

Don't blame you at all man. Props to you brother
Old 11-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Vendor

The right thing to do, and so many may not have.

If it doesn't say Made in USA then look the other way!!

We also handle S & B filters, Air Dog lift pumps, American Eagle wheels, and Kraftwerks Superchargers.

On my 20th Duramax & still Loving them!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 AM
smokinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDMAX View Post
That's a sad but very loving and thoughtful thing you did there. Only one question. Is the new owner going to drive it even half as hard as you would have... That had the potential to do some serious damage to the 10.0 list
It won’t be a diesel, he’s going to run it in Top Sportsman. It was sold as a roller
Old 11-13-2017, 10:15 AM
smokinum

I brought the roller to the track with a $40k FS sign and it sold the same day.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Hotrodder

Shame it was going to be awesome to see that thing go down the track. It's a no-brainer that you'd rather have your mom around awhile longer though. Do you mind sharing a little about her illness and the procedure?

My mom and my wife both have illnesses that we have thought about sending them out of the country to be treated. Luckily we haven't had to go that route yet. Say what you will about the FDA, but they do a pretty good job of making sure treatment are safe before allowing them to be performed here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:10 PM
smokinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
Shame it was going to be awesome to see that thing go down the track. It's a no-brainer that you'd rather have your mom around awhile longer though. Do you mind sharing a little about her illness and the procedure?

My mom and my wife both have illnesses that we have thought about sending them out of the country to be treated. Luckily we haven't had to go that route yet. Say what you will about the FDA, but they do a pretty good job of making sure treatment are safe before allowing them to be performed here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It’s called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. She’s been house bound for the last ten years, and maybe been out of the house 30 times in that time frame. Here’s a read below on it if interested. As far as FDA..., the treatment Rituxin is manufactured less than 1/2mi from her house at Genentech.., pretty sad! The illness is so rare that there is not enough case study for the FDA to approve treatment.
https://prevention.nih.gov/programs-...rkshops/me-cfs.

Last edited by RPM Motorsports; 11-13-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Country boy Limo.

I just wanted to tell you you are an inspiration for me and that I would hope that any son or daughter would give up everything to help their parents out whatever the case may be.

SDP Built Trans w/ Goerend G billet stator
S472sx-e .87/1.0ar w/ SDP Piping
Wagler street intake
Tuned by Aaron Wiebe
Custom 80" Trac Bars by MBS Diesel
ADII 165
Full Kryptonite Front end
PPE manifolds up pipes
Special Thanks to: Scott@ SDP, Aaron Wiebe @ All In Truck Performance, Lyle & Clay @ Bama Offroad, and Justin Goode @ MBS Diesel

Best time to date: 12.80 @ 110.78
Old 11-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Gearhead

I believe that's the company my cousin works for... Small world
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Hotrodder

Hate to see it go, Russ, but totally understand and admire your reasoning. Good dude!

It may seem unlikely, but my wife has some undiagnosed condition that we've likened to fibromyalgia but I'm thinking she may have a mild/moderate form of the CFS. She deals with everyone of those symptoms listed. It's not so bad she's debilitated (she's a SAHM with our 3.5yo boy) but the [leg] pain and fatigue can certainly slow her down. Really sad because she was a workout feen. It was "her thing" much like diesels are ours. Now she just can't. Been about 10 years. Most of the pain she manages with a non-inflammatory diet. I'd die if I had to eat like she does.

SOLD02 Chevy 2500HD D/A EC SB LS
SCIII & X-Case brace by MA, Team Salad tuning & Trippin's DSP5, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fumoto Valve, partially debadged, Rhino Bed Liner, SuperDiesel Intake Manifold and Ported Turbo Inlet

1983 GMC K30 CC SHORT BED
Awaiting Dmax/Allison Chassis Swap

Old 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Quote:
Camaro went to 🇨🇦

Damn proud of you, Russ. Here's hoping your Mom gets better.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"