Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-17-2017, 07:28 PM
WTF!

Default L5P emmisions question

is there a California emissions version of the L5P vs a federal? reason i ask is my build list has a couple of Codes...

NC7 federal emission override

and

NUK emission system california

thanks

2006 Chevy lbz LT ccsb 360,000 and counting..
5" exhaust, CAI...custom hail damage, peeling paint, etc...

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ -wife's ride-

Sold
2016 Denali HD~tuned deleted
05 LLY CCSB~EPR compounds, cognito stuff, DDD Tuning, etc..

Old 04-18-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech

I'll check in to this but honestly I don't think so. I think they are all built to CA emission standards
Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM
WTF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
I'll check in to this but honestly I don't think so. I think they are all built to CA emission standards
ok thats kinda what i was thinking, but i have never looked at a build list till this one. The Federal emissions override is what caught my eye

Sold

Old 04-18-2017, 05:14 PM
misspeelleerr

Probably for millitary/government sales
07.5 3500hd RCLB LMM GT4088R, 4.56 gears 225/70/19.5 efi live with 418k as of 3/27/17
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull salior
Old 04-18-2017, 06:44 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

Federal emissions override is probably for Mexico and everywhere else. CA emissions is more than likely just for US and Canada/ Eastern Europe.
2015 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 20's 35's Deleted Airdog ETC. Sold...
2016 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's >I officially need help.
2010 RCSB SLT 1500 5.3 6L80 tvs2300 in the works...
Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Wound for sound

So buy a duramax in Mexico and put a fake egr on it and drive it through the wall?

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 04-19-2017, 03:23 AM
<--- slippery roads

Sorry guys, its nothing special.

Literally all it is is the DTC reporting tables are slightly modified for which codes turn on a check engine light, and how many times a diagnostic must fail before setting a code.

Its not a "less emissions" truck. Its not a mexico truck (they dont even sell duramax's in mexico, or europe for that matter lol). Its not a special government truck. Its not an EMS truck.

Ben

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 04-19-2017, 03:42 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post

Literally all it is is the DTC reporting tables are slightly modified for which codes turn on a check engine light, and how many times a diagnostic must fail before setting a code.

Its not a "less emissions" truck. Its not a mexico truck (they dont even sell duramax's in mexico, or europe for that matter lol). Its not a special government truck. Its not an EMS truck.

Ben
So GM dosent sell trucks without dpf in Mexico and Central America like Ford does?
2015 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 20's 35's Deleted Airdog ETC. Sold...
2016 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's >I officially need help.
2010 RCSB SLT 1500 5.3 6L80 tvs2300 in the works...
Old 04-19-2017, 06:21 AM
WTF!

Quote:

Ben
Good to know, I'm ok with nothing special as long as it's not a choked up version. Thanks Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
So GM dosent sell trucks without dpf in Mexico and Central America like Ford does?
What? That's a thing?? Didn't know that

Sold

Old 04-19-2017, 07:39 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
Nope, not as far as I know....

Otherwise someone would have started selling factory mexico/LAAM "delete" tunes a long time ago.

2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMax View Post
What? That's a thing?? Didn't know that
Thats how people are deleting the 2017 Powerstrokes...some tuner got ahold of the Ford mexican/LAAM ECM tune...and now they're selling it as their own for a ton of money (real slick move, assholes).

Like the L5P ECM, the 2017+ Ford ECM requires tune files to be RSA-signed by the manufacturer before the ECM will accept it. So what that means is you can only flash in files that are made by Ford (or GM).

Thats why the 2017 ford emissions delete "tunes" have no extra power added, just deleted emissions. Because its a 100% factory Ford file, it has the proper signature on it, so the ECM has no problem accepting it.

But its so hack...first of all, total dick move making tons of money off of something that you literally have *zero* time/effort into making.

Second of all, ive heard some people say it actually runs worse and is a little less responsive than the regular US/Canada tune.

And thirdly, ive heard of multiple people having issues with check engine lights etc, because of slightly different hardware/piping on the actual Mexican/LAAM trucks....so when flashed with the Mexican tune, sure it deletes emissions, but the ECM also sees some other things (US/canada hard parts) amiss...and can set codes. And NO you cant "shut the codes off" because, again, the ECM will ONLY accept a factory-authorized file.

Ben

Old 04-19-2017, 07:57 AM
<--- slippery roads

The only way the aftermarket is going to be able to get modified tunes into an L5P is if someone on the inside at GM Powertrain has sticky fingers and wants to make a fast couple of bucks.

Its not about being a smart talented "hacker" anymore. Its not about truly reverse engineering stuff the hard way. This shit is so complex today and the ECM's are so smart that it would take probably 100+ years to actually brute-force the algorithm.

Nowadays its purely just who has a big enough checkbook, and who is lucky/clever enough find connections at GM.

So if/when someone does publicly release L5P tuning, dont congratulate them, dont hail them as some hacker genius sent from tuning god heaven, and dont think for a second they did it "the hard way/from scratch". But do be sure to thank them for dropping the initial cash investment on stolen information!!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 AM
JUST RENT IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
So buy a duramax in Mexico and put a fake egr on it and drive it through the wall?
i love your thinking
DPF/CAT delete
35 X 12.5 X 20s TOYO MTs on 20" MOTOs
DSP 5 EFI LIVE Tuned by SoCal Diesel
S&B intake
gauges,diff covers, bla bla bla
NEEDS: Trans Build / Lift pump

WORK - 2011 VW TDI golf(stock)

2008 GMC 2500 (SOLD)
EFI,all deleted,rode hard,stayed together
Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Daggum farm truck

Quote:
The only way the aftermarket is going to be able to get modified tunes into an L5P is if someone on the inside at GM Powertrain has sticky fingers and wants to make a fast couple of bucks.

Its not about being a smart talented "hacker" anymore. Its not about truly reverse engineering stuff the hard way. This shit is so complex today and the ECM's are so smart that it would take probably 100+ years to actually brute-force the algorithm.

Nowadays its purely just who has a big enough checkbook, and who is lucky/clever enough find connections at GM.

So if/when someone does publicly release L5P tuning, dont congratulate them, dont hail them as some hacker genius sent from tuning god heaven, and dont think for a second they did it "the hard way/from scratch". But do be sure to thank them for dropping the initial cash investment on stolen information!!
Way to rain on everyone's parade!

06 Express 2500 Duramax Van "The Dumpster"

Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Back to the days of water/Meth, crack pipes and stacking foolers I guess for the L5P.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited by LBZ; 04-19-2017 at 08:01 PM.