Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 07-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Hotrodder

Default Broken ZF6

Ive been hearing a little bit a whine coming from the trans for about the last 3 weeks. Was planning on changing it out last saturday but it was too hot to work in the barn so i put it off and went up north anyways. Drove about 3 hours up north stayed the weekend and then came back. Sunday i ran up town to grab some food and on the way back i did a couple hard pulls in 6th gear. First one felt good slowed down a little and did a second one, right around 100mph and 70-80lbs of boost she let go. Coasted for about 2 miles and tried puting it in fifth gear it went in so i rolled a couple stop signs and was able to make it home. Got to the driveway stopped to turn in and tried puting it in 2nd and the truck didnt move at all. Put it in 4 low and then back to 5th gear and it chugged right into the driveway. Pulled the trans out monday before work and pulled it apart this morning. Found some major carnage to the counter gear and that was about it. Should have it back up and running by the weekend if i dont send this other one out to get cryo treated which im thinking i might do. This will be the third trans in the truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SBDDD 3600lb sintered iron
HSP Compounds SXE-371/82/.91 S485/96/1.32 V2 by Forced Inductions, Profab castflow manifolds, Turbosmart Hyper-gate HP45, Turbosmart Race port BOV and controller, Mishimoto Intercooler
Exergy 250% injectors, Dual Fuelers, Fuelab 200
Danville tuning
FF Dynamic Fans
ARB air locker

2017 Cruze LT diesel LH7 stock
Old 07-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Gearhead

Just saw that on the strictly ZF6 group. That’s some carnage.

Plans:
KP D60 front, ORD leafs front/rear, Twin Stick NP205, 4.56 gearing locked rear, PSC steering/hydro assist , 37"s on H1 wheels, Titan or Aerotank replacement

SAC45% Injectors, SB SD clutch, Kennedy pump and filter heads, S&B intake, ProFab up/down pipe, manifolds, Mild Tune from Rob