Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 06-17-2017, 08:10 PM
Piston Tester

Thanks much. Have a few extra feet ya wanta sell??

I haven't actually measured these barbs or stocks yet, but isn't the OEM line Bosch uses actually a 3.6mm? That's a common size, and used on some smaller cc gas engines. My biggest requirement is finding a biofuel compatible grade, cause I've witnessed the cracking you reported on my MB CDI with EU spec rubbers. A PVC would be great, but ya can run into some USCG issues that say no no..
Old 06-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Hotrodder

A lot of people are saying motors aren't made to run 100% all the time. While I agree with that but I worked on a rock crusher for the longest time and we were portable so everywhere we went we had all of our belts, jaws, cones, qc lab, 10k gallons of diesel and a trailer that carried two cat c27 generators for when we didn't have line power. They were twin turbo capable of up to 600 volts at 60 hz. Big difference to what your needing. I'm only saying that we would run those 24 hours a day non stop. Sometimes hooking everything to one if the other was down. By then end of shift the turbos were glowing hot red. Point is motors can run like that.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm
Old 06-17-2017, 09:01 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008lmmchopper View Post
A lot of people are saying motors aren't made to run 100% all the time. While I agree with that but I worked on a rock crusher for the longest time and we were portable so everywhere we went we had all of our belts, jaws, cones, qc lab, 10k gallons of diesel and a trailer that carried two cat c27 generators for when we didn't have line power. They were twin turbo capable of up to 600 volts at 60 hz. Big difference to what your needing. I'm only saying that we would run those 24 hours a day non stop. Sometimes hooking everything to one if the other was down. By then end of shift the turbos were glowing hot red. Point is motors can run like that.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm
C27 and a Duramax are so different. The only thing in common is they both run on diesel...

The reason a Gen set can run like that is it's a constant load, within the engines designed capabilities.

A built Duramax in a Boat is about as harsh an environment as I can think of.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Down View Post
C27 and a Duramax are so different. The only thing in common is they both run on diesel...

The reason a Gen set can run like that is it's a constant load, within the engines designed capabilities.

A built Duramax in a Boat is about as harsh an environment as I can think of.
Well I know it's different I said that. I only meant that we ran the piss out of them and they just took it. And with the sizes of rock being fed it wasn't constant power. It was all over the place. But I know it's a huge difference it's just amazing if built right for what ever it's intended for how well a motor can hold.up. and I should say the c27 or any of their generators are not intended for constant use. They were meant for emergency use usually. We had them waaay over loaded all the time lol. It just makes me wonder if you can run a generator 24 hours a day to the point where the turbos are glowing red hot but it still holds why diesel motors at such high power applications are hard to keep together. I'm no mechanic so I probably sound dumb.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm
Old 06-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Piston Tester

Not at all..
If it will run wide open fully loaded for 1 minute, it should do it for weeks on end till needs an oil change. Trick is, getting an engine designed to make 400hp running wide open, to hold 8-900hp under those same conditions.

Turbos are designed to spin maxed out for thousands of hours without failing. So that's not a concern. Duramax pistons on the other hand....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
Not at all..
If it will run wide open fully loaded for 1 minute, it should do it for weeks on end till needs an oil change. Trick is, getting an engine designed to make 400hp running wide open, to hold 8-900hp under those same conditions.

Turbos are designed to spin maxed out for thousands of hours without failing. So that's not a concern. CARDBORAD pistons on the other hand....

Fixed that for you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

06 LBZ ECLB

Gauges, Danville Tunes, 5" Dumped, Trans by Evan, DP Stg2r, Sleeved/Braced and some other odds and ends crap that we all have
Old 06-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Hotrodder

Can you say monotherm
Old 06-17-2017, 10:53 PM
Piston Tester

I've been chatting with JJ from Diamond lately. I feel the Mahle mono options are likely never going to develop.. Not enough $$ demand. But, I'm willing to donate the bottom end hardware to science, and he's working on the piston weight issues. Hope to get something rolling just to see why it's like such a big azz deal to get these out into the world ..

Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Piston Tester

Yellow injector return fittings are definitely for 4mm line.

Where did I read 3.6 on the bosch? I'll check a oem tomorrow.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Isuzu Shakes IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
Thanks much. Have a few extra feet ya wanta sell??

I haven't actually measured these barbs or stocks yet, but isn't the OEM line Bosch uses actually a 3.6mm? That's a common size, and used on some smaller cc gas engines. My biggest requirement is finding a biofuel compatible grade, cause I've witnessed the cracking you reported on my MB CDI with EU spec rubbers. A PVC would be great, but ya can run into some USCG issues that say no no..
I have a lot extra. How much do you want?
Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Piston Tester

Figure 6ft per engine should cover it. So x2, would take 12ft. Sending ya a PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

Kid, Tony @ DHD has what look to be black Bosch fittings:

http://dirtyhookerdiesel.com/i-16697...t-fitting.html

I cant see them being worth that much each, but maybe it gives you a starting point to look for them cheaper?

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2003 Olds Aurora -- my DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 06-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Piston Tester

Thanks. Knew I had seen those listed somewhere.
Also remember why I purchased the ones I have now..