Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Goer

Thanks for the pm Tom but I ended up going just bagged on the rear and doing a static with control arms up front. I also wanted to keep my 4 wheel drive but ended up eating my cvs anyway so I just pulled them out but have been thinking about the RCs.

Just a warning if you plan on driving it allot it is very difficult to keep things in alignment as far as front tire ware goes with bags up front especially if you are going to be off roading it witch sounds like you will be.
I haven't looked into the HD air ride stuff for a while but I will do a little research and see if I cant help out.
Good luck.

Trans and Twins by EPR
Old 11-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Gracias, Tim!

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 PM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedLB7 View Post
Thanks for the pm Tom but I ended up going just bagged on the rear and doing a static with control arms up front. I also wanted to keep my 4 wheel drive but ended up eating my cvs anyway so I just pulled them out but have been thinking about the RCs.

Just a warning if you plan on driving it allot it is very difficult to keep things in alignment as far as front tire ware goes with bags up front especially if you are going to be off roading it witch sounds like you will be.
I haven't looked into the HD air ride stuff for a while but I will do a little research and see if I cant help out.
Good luck.
Thank for your input Tim.

My goal was to have the bags adjusted to ride height to where the CV are level when I drive but lower it whenever I want to at low speed cruising and parking which shouldn't hurt the CVs. I don't do offroading on this truck, the only time I use my 4wd is when I'm on slippery farm fields or around my yard pulling a trailer with a tractor on it. I figured with the bags set at ride height for normal driving, it shouldn't affect the tire wear as long the ride height is set where the alignment was set up at. My truck sees 95% street of the time and it spends most of its time on the highway commuting to work and home.

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me to make it work on the front while retaining the 4wd.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

Run the djm lower arms, build a hoop over the cv axle, cut old frame mount off, mock air bag up, build new frame mount and your off and running. Can even run a new shock next to the bag

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 11-06-2017, 07:24 PM
I like red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1925 View Post
Run the djm lower arms, build a hoop over the cv axle, cut old frame mount off, mock air bag up, build new frame mount and your off and running. Can even run a new shock next to the bag
Funny. I was just looking at the djm lca and thinking the same exact thing. Looks like double convulated bags are better than the sleeve type for the front. Down side is not much suspension travel in case I get into a rough patch of the road.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 PM

Well thatís why you have the other truck. If the bag moves 4-5Ē, thatís 8-10Ē of wheel travel if you mount the bag 50% up the arm like we talked about. I would for sure use a convoluted bag, itís going to need it so it can bend as the arm cycles.

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 11-06-2017, 07:43 PM
I like red

Hmm.... Which djm lca would but best for my setup I plan to have, the 6" drop lca or the 3" drop lca? If I do go with the 3" drop lca, it looks like I can use the cognito tube style uca to gain clearance for the bags. 6" drop has to use their uca with the lca for alignment purposes, not sure if the cognito would work. Djm uca looks like it may interfere the bags, although I may be wrong.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 11-06-2017, 07:52 PM

3Ē because you get too low ride height and cv angle will be an issue. The cognitio arms will need the dual shock bracket cut off them unless you do the boxed style ones

Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 11-06-2017, 08:03 PM
I like red

Thanks James. Do you think the tubes would benefit more clearance than the boxed or is it not much of a difference between the two, that if you have seen both designs.

RIP 4/1/17
06 LLY CCSB
Old 11-06-2017, 08:33 PM

I think the tube would gain you more clearance with how they are bent

Tailgate Crew Member #4