Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 08-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Anyone here play with ls tuning? There's a local guy to me but I've got efi and would kinda like to pay myself
Go check out the sloppy mechanics page. Lots of free info there on turbo ls stuff and free base tunes
Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 PM
pro-procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Stock Lbz View Post
Go check out the sloppy mechanics page. Lots of free info there on turbo ls stuff and free base tunes
Been there.. that's what's got me thinking

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me and those whom I bought parts from.

Special thanks to Evan, James, Russell, Mark and all the others I'm forgetting.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Anyone here play with ls tuning? There's a local guy to me but I've got efi and would kinda like to pay myself
Read the custom OS upgrade tutorial in the EFI Live documentation folder. It gives you the basics of what "new" tables you have for tuning boosted setups. If you need some help, just post up over on the EFI Live forums. There is some good help on there if you get stuck.

2004 CC SB LB7 Auto
OS - 15189044
Old 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM
FNG

I'm new to this board and duramax, but turbo LS is my background. Stock 6l bottom end, LS6 cam or LJMS/BTR stage 2 turbo cam, BTR platinum dual springs, pushrods, BWS475 (I'd go 1.10a/r T6 flange) and some 60lb/hr injectors and run it. Oh, transgo kit for the 4l80e and let it eat. Any "pulls" or planning on pulling long hills in boost (5psi+) i would do as previously stated and drop down to 3rd gear. Leaving in OD/4th keeps the OD roller clutch engaged and the sprag isn't strong enough....granted mine lasted a year of leaving it in 4th all the time due to ignorance.
Decapping stock injectors without having them flow tested to get some data will make for a tuning nightmare and cause you to bake a lot of errors into you VE table.
I'd probably stay around 10psi on stock bottom end/stock ring gap with a s475. Kurt Urban Performance vapor system will help some to keep cyl 7 or 8 ringland from cracking.
I'd also suggest going 2bar speed density tuned, you could get away with running the maf and getting your target boost AFR in by using the Power Enrichment tables, but that's a bit of a workaround and wont net you good partial throttle AFR's, especially when you'll be in boost easily/fast when towing.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:10 PM
misspeelleerr

Hell of a first post!
And welcome
07.5 3500hd RCLB LMM GT4088R, 4.56 gears 225/70/19.5 efi live with 418k as of 3/27/17
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull salior