Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 PM
that guy

Default More turbo threads I read the more confused I get

So was considering upgrading the turbo on my LMM. Main reason is to have lower EGT's while towing. A little info about me/my truck. Its a DD, I live at about 3000ft, on weekends haul from 5000-7000lbs, about once a month haul around 16k lbs. When I am hauling, a fair amount of it is at altitude, 3-7k feet. Added MPG's would be nice, but not really going to decide for me, I know most of that has to do with self control of my foot...

I am looking to retain close to stock like spoolup, and close to stock turbo braking. Something that will be stock bottom end friendly (I know a good amount of this will be how the tuners gets it setup), currently have stock sticks/CP3, though I eventually am looking at upgrading to 40 over injectors to try and keep drive pressure down. Reliability is a must.

I am considering a S475 over stock, down side to me is all the plumbing, oil temps and potential headache if I ever had to do emissions testing.

Also have been doing a ton of reading about the Danville BMW GT3794VA Stg2, Fleece 63 Cheetah and HTT Promax 64. Also saw SDP has a GT3794 BatmoWheel 65mm that they advertise as stock like spoolup, but haven't found any reviews of it online.

I am sort of leaning towards a single currently for the reasons of, if I ever have to deal with emissions testing, it would be easier than removing a twin setup. Not to mention with my OEM turbo having almost 200k on it, with my luck if I twinned over it it would crap out, then I would be shelling out another 2k to replace it.

Thoughts and/or advice?