Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 AM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
idk, stock L5P's arent slow I dont think.

Im not 18 anymore so I no longer drive like a dickhead and no longer care about 500hp. I think Ive just gotten bored of this whole industry/truck performance. Im tired of breaking crap/wondering whats gonna go wrong next, and driving loud, smelly, unreliable, rattly jalopys.

Ive had my LML for almost 2 years and it is SO feaking nice and refreshing driving a silent, smooth, non-smelly, reliable truck. Yes, I said reliable. It has 125k miles on it and has never given me a single issue. No DEF warnings (other than when I have to fill it), no "continue driving, cleaning exhaust filter" messages, no check engine lights.

125k miles on my LLY, I was on my third engine, 2nd set of front wheel bearings and brakes, and had misc drips here and there, etc. (ok yes, sometimes things happen and start leaking when swapping engines, but thats besides the point).

Some day if/when I have money, maybe Ill build a dedicated race/toy truck for grins. But a built/modded daily driver that I take on long trips etc? Screw that.

I don't disagree with everything your saying. So don't take this wrong.

But the truck I drive every single day is a 2005 LLY, has 145,000 miles on it, original engine including head bolts, transmission was built 90K ago, has twins, and 35% over injectors. It gets great fuel mileage, doesn't rattle, doesn't smoke unless you floor it from idle, doesn't leak a drop of anything, has never once let me down, and has a good bit more then 500RWHP.

If things are done correctly, modified trucks can be just as, and most times MORE reliable then stock trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)
Old 04-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Gearhead

Quote:
Yes, I get it, you haul trailers 24/7/365 across the Pacific ocean and cant afford downtime.....but honestly, I think the emissions system on the L5P has a lot of improvements over the LML system. The only complaints Ive seen are some people report higher DEF usage (you bought a $65k truck, threw $4k worth of american forces on it, and whine about a $15 DEF fill up?)

(and yes, I also know you have 47,268 friends with L5P's and every single one of them had the entire emissions system fail within 6 miles of owning the truck)

And finally, if you look at the Ford websites/forums, the guys running around with the stupid Mexico tune are actually having more problems than the 100% stock guys lol.
LMAO this is my favorite post on a forum ever, everything is so true...
Old 04-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Always learning

Quote:
Not sure why everyones immediate knee-jerk reaction is MUST DELETE DELETE!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAHHHHH.

They have a warranty...and the amount of people ive seen complaining about L5P emissions issues is far FAR less than the people complaining about other random glitches like shifting, ghost throttle, etc. Its too early to cry fowl on the L5P emissions system.

Yes, I get it, you haul trailers 24/7/365 across the Pacific ocean and cant afford downtime.....but honestly, I think the emissions system on the L5P has a lot of improvements over the LML system. The only complaints Ive seen are some people report higher DEF usage (you bought a $65k truck, threw $4k worth of american forces on it, and whine about a $15 DEF fill up?)

(and yes, I also know you have 47,268 friends with L5P's and every single one of them had the entire emissions system fail within 6 miles of owning the truck)

And finally, if you look at the Ford websites/forums, the guys running around with the stupid Mexico tune are actually having more problems than the 100% stock guys lol.
Should of Bought a Cummins! You can make 800hp on stock motor and get 25mpg with 35's towing 15k running 80

On a serious note though thanks for the great info Ben
Someone will end up with a backdoor code at some point just because there is to much money to be made.
I do thoroughly enjoy the L5p platform and the realiabilty it has shown so far!
Last time I took my Lly on a long trip it left me stranded in a autozone parking lot and cost be 4 hours on my trip
Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Hotrodder

I bought an LMM cuz I wanted
To fool around building it.

If I got an l5p I'd have no issues keeping it stock for a while. Regardless of any trans pacific hauls
Built front end
All the bolt ons
33x11.5 on 17x9 -12
HB/brake upgrades
Old 04-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Wound for sound

Not the mention Ben, your old truck was an LLY and black at that, you know my thoughts on the curse of the black LLY's.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB,
100k miles-FOR SALE

Wife's ride- 2016 Pearl white Legacy limited 3.6R 15k miles, garage ornament

Rig ride/patience tester-02' Black Eddie Bauer exploder 4.6, -180k, still sporting original trans (for now)
Old 04-19-2017, 05:05 PM
<<<Future tuna killer

I gave up and just bought a gasser to mod. Much cheaper and just as fun. Well almost... Lol...

I love driving my stock 16, it's almost silent, I can jump on it and not spew smoke and it's still got tons of power. I'm going to wait a couple years before I jump into an l5p, I've heard of changes coming and I know they are having issues with emissions sensors...
2015 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 20's 35's Deleted Airdog ETC. Sold...
2016 LML CC SB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's >I officially need help.
2010 RCSB SLT 1500 5.3 6L80 tvs2300 in the works...
Old 04-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
idk, stock L5P's arent slow I dont think.

Im not 18 anymore so I no longer drive like a dickhead and no longer care about 500hp. I think Ive just gotten bored of this whole industry/truck performance. Im tired of breaking crap/wondering whats gonna go wrong next, and driving loud, smelly, unreliable, rattly jalopys.

Ive had my LML for almost 2 years and it is SO feaking nice and refreshing driving a silent, smooth, non-smelly, reliable truck. Yes, I said reliable. It has 125k miles on it and has never given me a single issue. No DEF warnings (other than when I have to fill it), no "continue driving, cleaning exhaust filter" messages, no check engine lights.

125k miles on my LLY, I was on my third engine, 2nd set of front wheel bearings and brakes, and had misc drips here and there, etc. (ok yes, sometimes things happen and start leaking when swapping engines, but thats besides the point).

Some day if/when I have money, maybe Ill build a dedicated race/toy truck for grins. But a built/modded daily driver that I take on long trips etc? Screw that.
What about this one...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine: 01 CCSB Siverado frame off restored with various parts from 01-06 built lly motor, built 03 trans, 2xcp3, 100% exergys, billet s366 and much more that I wont fill this space with...

Hers: 07.5 CCSB GMC Sierra SLT LMM, XD Spys, Tuned and deleted
Old 04-20-2017, 08:18 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRigrat05 View Post
Not the mention Ben, your old truck was an LLY and black at that, you know my thoughts on the curse of the black LLY's.
LOL true!!

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 AM
<--- slippery roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgullett83 View Post
What about this one...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yours is the exception....by far!!!

2012 Denali - R&D testbed for upcoming new products.....
2005 Silverado LT - Blown up/broken too many engines and parts to care about making it fast anymore, so its back to mostly stock - The best names in the industry for parts/advice/help...MikeL.Guy-SoCal.Kory-PPEI.Rob-ATP.Evan-Limitless.McRat.BigDipper.Bobo.Tony-RRDP.Fingers.Eric-MA.EFILive...

BT DieselWorks, LLC - EFILive tuning - Duramax/Allison/gasser STANDALONE HARNESSES - Allison lockup controllers - Allison tapshift kits - Digital DSP-5 switches - full assortment of great electronic improvements and gadgets for your GM truck/SUV

All products available for sale through our online store at www.btdieselworks.com

Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BTDWorks
Be sure to "follow" us on Instagram @btdieselworks
Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM
The Still Master

That's it...........I am buying an LB7

2007 GMC "Classic", LBZ, SLE1 ,RC/LB, 4x4
~Powered By "MOONSHINE"

12.525 at 107.07

2002-GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE/CC/SB/4X4~Powered By "MOONSHINE"
12.65 fuel only, 12.00 on some N20
Retired 04/18/2009...................SOLD 01/2014

Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC_2002_Dmax View Post
That's it...........I am buying an LB7

I actually do miss mine still.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Hotrodder

I just can't bring myself to spend the money on what new and even used diesel cost now. Now if I needed it to tow alot with well ok. What's the diesel option cost now an extra $15k?

I love my LBZ with 180k on it and over 500hp it's been problem free. I take it on every road trip we make. Our yearly trip to see family is a 14hr drive stright through. We only took the Tahoe last time because my wife was almost 9 months pregnant. It was hard for her to get in and out of my truck and the rougher ride too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Hotrodder

Loving your comments in this thread a Ben the sarcasm is perfect for the subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SOLD2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CCSB Graystone/Ebony
Z71 4x4 DuraAlli EFILive by ATP Air Dog II 165 G2 Diff Cover Alli Deep Pan TranSynd Cognito Boxed UCAs
Kryptonite Tie Rods Cognito PISK Bilstein 5100s Bilstein Stabilizer PPE Race Valve/Ported fitting MBRP 5" DP Back RBP 6x18" Tip AutoMeter Cobalt Boost & Pyro Advent OGM-1 Nav Method 16x8 Machined BFG KO2 286/75R16 Mike L Suncoast/Goerend
SDP Twins PPE Race Up-Pipes/Manifolds

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:58 PM
FNG

Thank you...Thank you very much

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk