Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 AM
duramax-rob

it isn't my business for sure. wish it was. the transfer case that i needed was a np 263 xhd and they knew exactly which one i needed. they knew all about the pump rub issue, that some ran out of fluid and burnt up, they put the pump rub kit in it, said they put new bushings and other items. they didn't care that mine had burnt up and were very helpful. i paid them 850 for a remanufactured transfer case. i did drive from my house to memphis, tn. to pick it up. 3.5 hours to also get some of that world famous BBQ ribs.

the name of the place is: HIGH GEAR TRANSMISSIONS STEVE WORKMAN is the one i dealt with. all the help was very nice and helpful.

there phone number is: 901-278-0090 or 1-800-323- 6211

located: 554 adams ave. memphis, tn. 38103

they were extremely helpful and they're warehouse wes full of transfer cases and manual transmissions. hope they can help someone!!!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Wound for sound

Good to see you got squared away, let us know how it goes.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 03-20-2017, 09:11 PM
duramax-rob

ill let everyone know how it turns out. trans shift cable bracket will be in tomorrow and hopefully my 2 young neighbors will come over and set the transfer case up in for me. they are really good for things like that. then just buttoning everything up. will let yo know at end of week.

thanks to everyone!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:45 AM
duramax-rob

just to let those interested I'm still working on the truck. after spending 3 hrs under truck on creeper, i got the transfer case wiring figured out. arms over head took a tole on my arthritis, rotator cuff damage and nerve problems. all that caused sleep problems. finally going to work on it now. will keep informed
Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 PM
duramax-rob

well everyone I'm happy to report that the transmission shifted great both up and down. the transfer case shifted thru the gears flawlessly and into and out of neutral. the new shift cable bracket has caused the gearshift lever some problems. will work on it tomorrow to see if i can figure it out. thanks to all. transfer case is quiet and shifted flawless. thanks rob
Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Gearhead

Glad to hear!
Old 03-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Wound for sound

Glad to hear it, these transfers are great until they don't work, lol.

The Blessed Hellride- 08' White GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB

Built trans, tunes, leveled, 35's, big bumper, lots of work.

Leaving it alone
Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 AM
duramax-rob

thanks for everyones response. truck shifts thru gears great and transfer case is quiet and goes in and out of all ranges.

just one question. the column shift is a little off. when shifting out of park, the shift lever like pops or jumps out of park towards reverse and goes to like a neutral position with no indicator on dash. then you have to pull it again to detent in reverse. it then shifts thru reverse to first and back again to reverse as it should an then very firm to park. sometimes you have to "seat" the lever to make park light go on.

is this a adjustment on the shift cable or the nsbu switch and if nsbu, which way is is moved?

any advise would be greatly appreciated

rob
Old 04-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Heavy & Slow

The shift cable has an adjustment in it, but it is hard to explain. I recommend watching some YouTube videos of people adjusting it. I read the GM procedure and didn't understand what they were talking about, but after watching some videos, it made sense.

Basically, the cable is in two halves, and there is a threaded sleeve between them. You remove a plastic lock and the two halves will be free to slide around. You just jostle the shifter in the park position a bit, then re-insert the lock, and you're done.

Like I said, watch some videos on YouTube. It is easier to see than to read.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
The shift cable has an adjustment in it, but it is hard to explain. I recommend watching some YouTube videos of people adjusting it. I read the GM procedure and didn't understand what they were talking about, but after watching some videos, it made sense.

Basically, the cable is in two halves, and there is a threaded sleeve between them. You remove a plastic lock and the two halves will be free to slide around. You just jostle the shifter in the park position a bit, then re-insert the lock, and you're done.

Like I said, watch some videos on YouTube. It is easier to see than to read.

Exactly ^^^^^

Do that first, then adjust NSBU if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)