Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Isuzu Shakes IT

I'm just a peon here, but I put mine back together with one of the GPZ "pro series" setups with 6 frictions and .098" steels. I went this route because I'm cheap (sorry Mike ) and I got the plates machined for very cheap. I had under $200 in my c3 pack.

The GPZ friction plates did have splines removed to aid in oiling the inner friction surface, but I don't see how it helps very much without modifying the piston and apply plate?
Old 10-19-2017, 04:19 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

You could buy that trans that Toner is selling and call it a day....

There is no just cheap way to get around upgrades on these trucks. Your customer needs to understand that.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
So you found a cheap ass way to do this? You seem to know how to hold power with out dated clutches. Tell me the biggest problem with slotted clutches and why they will not hold. tell me what special preperations need to be done with the slotted clutches to even make it to 5K miles without failing.

Let's see how much you know.
Nobody said it was a "cheap ass way"
That's the problem with forums all the big wigs walk around with there nose up. The guy needs good info not to be bashed for wanting to save a little. I am glad I'm in a small town and have a great customer base. I have trans out there with 100k miles on them working great and people love them. I garrentee you don't need 5 grand to build a good unit other then to pad your pocket.
I've been though the ups and downs with thin steels and drum issues... Learned a lot from the c3s oiling issues heat issues. I build based off the customer needs and make sure they understand that. I just tried to help and got the response I expected. Have a good day
Old 10-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Got Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytry View Post
Nobody said it was a "cheap ass way"
That's the problem with forums all the big wigs walk around with there nose up. The guy needs good info not to be bashed for wanting to save a little. I am glad I'm in a small town and have a great customer base. I have trans out there with 100k miles on them working great and people love them. I garrentee you don't need 5 grand to build a good unit other then to pad your pocket.
I've been though the ups and downs with thin steels and drum issues... Learned a lot from the c3s oiling issues heat issues. I build based off the customer needs and make sure they understand that. I just tried to help and got the response I expected. Have a good day

I said it was a cheap ass way, not someone else dummy. You build your Allisons your way with your out dated parts and tell people it will hold big power. People like you are the big problems with the internet. You built a few transmissions and they worked. Good for you. But with your obvious lack of knowledge you are here telling people how to build a cheap trans. You are the moron that has his nose up in the air, not us.
Go post your greatness somewhere else because you know nothing.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Hotrodder

I guess in all your greatness you missed the part about I build them for the customers needs. If they are 400hp and tow they don't need a 5k bill end of story, and your grasping for straws I don't tell them it will hold big power. Never said that I have other options for 400+ guys. Take your tampon out Mike your not the only guy that can build a Allison.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Hotrodder

Back in 2007-2010 you used to help people on here now you just degrade them.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Got Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytry View Post
Back in 2007-2010 you used to help people on here now you just degrade them.
Sorry you got butt hurt. As far as helping people since 2010 according to you; you've been asleep. I have helped many people. guess you were building so many 400 hp Allisons and saving people money you didn't notice. Try searching.

Tuned by Idaho Rob.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Yes, its really me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Sorry you got butt hurt. As far as helping people since 2010 according to you; you've been asleep. I have helped many people. guess you were building so many 400 hp Allisons and saving people money you didn't notice. Try searching.

He meant giving away hard earned info Mike.

Everyone knows that if you spend thousands of dollars, and invest countless hours testing theory's and parts that it's your obligation to then give that info out freely on the open forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2009 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2010 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2011 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion
2012 ECI Diesel Truck Points Champion

Big thanks to everyone who helps me.

Best 1/8th, 7.29, 98.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single Journal bearing GT42 charger) (2010)

Best 1/8th, 6.93, 104.24MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2016)

Best 1/8th, 6.60, 106.6MPH (Street tires, fuel only, single HX60 turbo) (2017)