Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
  #1  
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM
coker6365's Avatar
coker6365 coker6365 is offline
Coker6303's ***** Daddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 261

Talking Brand New Z06 Kill

I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
__________________
2015 Denali CC/SB LML, Farm Truck
2013 EC/SB LML, The Test Rig
2013 RC/LB LML, The Beater
2006 RC/LB LBZ, Tow Mirror Killer. Under the knife again and looking for more horsepuppies.

Big thanks to Josh Harris, Josh Chambers, and my brother Russell Coker for all the help with the LBZ.

Performance Fueled
www.Facebook.com/PerformanceFueled
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
N2BRK N2BRK is offline
Hotrodder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 856 NJ
Posts: 1,075
Default

__________________
08 LMM Crew 4x4
Dipper Trans/Mark's 68mmStg2R/40 over LBZ tips
Exergy 12mm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Chevy1925's Avatar
Chevy1925 Chevy1925 is offline
don't know sh!t about IFS

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix Az
Posts: 13,996

Default

yyyaaassss, its times like those that i love having a built truck
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Mike L is my role model. I want to be like him when I grow up.
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2017, 05:21 PM
KyleC4's Avatar
KyleC4 KyleC4 is offline
Tech
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 115
Default

It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story
__________________
TEAM Chevrolet Cadillac
Mike L and Inglewood transmission
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is offline
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,818

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM
gmduramax's Avatar
gmduramax gmduramax is offline
Shits broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nor cal
Posts: 2,818

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coker6365 View Post
I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
I bet it's back at the dealer for service because he thinks something is wrong with his car
__________________
2008 GMC duramax crew cab short bed 2500.
10.98@124mph

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 AM
KyleC4's Avatar
KyleC4 KyleC4 is offline
Tech
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Lol. You are the exception of course
__________________
TEAM Chevrolet Cadillac
Mike L and Inglewood transmission
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-18-2018, 10:17 AM
JoeyD's Avatar
JoeyD JoeyD is offline
WTF
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 43
Default

Those are 650 hp cars low 11’s no problem and 0-150 in 17 seconds.
__________________
16 LGH Savanna
98 6.5 TD Pro Rok 60 front, ARB's front and rear, 4.56 Gears,37"KM2's
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-18-2018, 10:55 AM
TheBac's Avatar
TheBac TheBac is offline
Why do I keep doing this?


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 11,253

Default

I always chuckle when I think back to racing this early-00 Camaro at the track way back when. Guy had full firesuit on, no plates on car...I assume he's a 10 sec car at minimum. Being polite, I roll my window down and let him know I always go to the end of the track to slow down/turn off (I was inside lane).
We get going, and lo-and-behold he stayed in my rearview the entire time down the track...never even gained any ground from the start.
Boy, he sure looked pissed off when he was behind me at the timing shack and driving back to the pits.

Its a good feeling, surprising people with a big ole truck. I understood where Coke was coming from.
__________________
Tom
"BBT" 2003 GMC CC/SB 4x4
12.14@111.15

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-18-2018, 11:05 AM
NC-smokinlmm's Avatar
NC-smokinlmm NC-smokinlmm is offline
<<<Future tuna killer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: At Da Beach
Posts: 3,646
Default

I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...
__________________
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.

Last edited by NC-smokinlmm; 03-18-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:43 AM
Nathan.'s Avatar
Nathan. Nathan. is online now
~
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...
Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.
__________________
2005 Sierra CC LLY
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 AM
NC-smokinlmm's Avatar
NC-smokinlmm NC-smokinlmm is offline
<<<Future tuna killer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: At Da Beach
Posts: 3,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan. View Post
Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.
The Stingray is going to get a TVS 2650. That should put her close to the 1000hp crank area...

I still like my fast trucks more though...
__________________
2010 GMC 1500 SCSB Denali Clone < lifted 22's/33's, Kooks, Magnaflow, 5.3, 6l80, TVS1900, lots of boost, Mayhem tuned, etc...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 AM
Nathan.'s Avatar
Nathan. Nathan. is online now
~
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
The Stingray is going to get a TVS 2650. That should put her close to the 1000hp crank area...

I still like my fast trucks more though...
That car will be a monster! When I get mine, it will be going to a track with turns!
__________________
2005 Sierra CC LLY
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Budneeds2beers's Avatar
Budneeds2beers Budneeds2beers is offline
Aka Mike Honcho....
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cali
Posts: 361

Default

Truck guy all the way. I never have and never will own a car.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-19-2018, 12:31 PM
blk smoke lb7's Avatar
blk smoke lb7 blk smoke lb7 is offline
<-----Lots of green $
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: belvidere,ill
Posts: 5,668
Default

ha ha very nice Russ
__________________
04 LB7 CC/SB EFI live, S366,S483 , Born again 08/10/2011 11.64@117
Some wicked tuning by Bo-Bo (Bob olson) Thx Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Quote: Carter 44
Boost is like a hot girl with an STD...you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
rollncoal07:Twining is wining
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

You come off as a Timeshare Condo salesman on this site.

If you were helping folk with problems, or asking for input on your problems, it might be different, but from where I see, you are only a little different than the Russian spammers selling iPads that we delete.

Act like more of a human, and less like a spambot, and you'd probably catch less heat. This is "family", and it's our corner bar, and a group of guys with grease all over them leaning over fenders of somebodies truck that ain't making the right boost.

It's also one of few sites with more hardcore wrenches and racers than wannabees.

You're welcome to be a member here, and post about your build, but don't expect people to shower you with roses yet. That comes with seat time on the site, and on the track.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors