Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM
Coker6303's ***** Daddy

Talking Brand New Z06 Kill

I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
2006 RC/LB LBZ, Tow Mirror Killer. Under the knife again and looking for more horsepuppies.

Big thanks to Josh Harris, Josh Chambers, and my brother Russell Coker for all the help with the LBZ.

Performance Fueled
www.Facebook.com/PerformanceFueled
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Hotrodder

Old 04-17-2017, 02:23 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

yyyaaassss, its times like those that i love having a built truck
James

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 04-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech

It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story
Old 04-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC4 View Post
It'd be so awesome to have that kind of a truck here in ca. But you know how that goes. Good story

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Shits broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by coker6365 View Post
I figured I would share this funny moment. I wish we would have thought fast enough to catch a video.

My buddy's dad came down from Nebraska to Texas so we decided to take him for a spin in the LBZ last fall. Took him out to the country on a farm to market road and did a small boosted launch on Tune 3, roughly 830hp, then headed back to the house. He was grinning ear to ear.

On the way back, I noticed a white car hauling tail and catching up to us pretty fast. We were just cruising around 50mph and shooting the bull. When I realized it was a brand new paper plate corvette, not sure yet if it was a base model or Z06. I slowed down, threw it in 3rd, turned on the lockup box and just waited for him to pull around while still on Tune 3 at roughly 40mph. Both him and his dad were looking around wondering what was going on until his dad noticed the car. The vette pulled around to pass and as soon as I saw his front end lift, we poured the coal to it. It was dead even until my 4-5 shift, then he started inching forward and the front of his car barely made it to the rear bumper before we quit. I am guessing 140mph or better since the speedo was buried a while back and we were close to the 4200rpm shift point. LOL

We slowed down and I stuck my hand out to give him a thumbs up for the run. You could see his pissed face over the steering wheel as he flipped us off. I let him pass and noticed it was a Z06. Poor guy must have felt pretty bad for taking a loss to 3 rednecks in a regular cab farm truck. His dad was laughing and wanted to know who I paid to show up at that perfect moment.
I bet it's back at the dealer for service because he thinks something is wrong with his car

Thanks to Mike L, SoCal Diesel, and Abel Chevorlet.

Tailgate Crew Member #1
Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmduramax View Post
Lol. You are the exception of course
Old 03-18-2018, 10:17 AM
WTF

Those are 650 hp cars low 11’s no problem and 0-150 in 17 seconds.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Why do I keep doing this?

I always chuckle when I think back to racing this early-00 Camaro at the track way back when. Guy had full firesuit on, no plates on car...I assume he's a 10 sec car at minimum. Being polite, I roll my window down and let him know I always go to the end of the track to slow down/turn off (I was inside lane).
We get going, and lo-and-behold he stayed in my rearview the entire time down the track...never even gained any ground from the start.
Boy, he sure looked pissed off when he was behind me at the timing shack and driving back to the pits.

Its a good feeling, surprising people with a big ole truck. I understood where Coke was coming from.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- stalled out, no motivation
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 03-18-2018, 11:05 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.

Last edited by NC-smokinlmm; 03-18-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:43 AM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
I harass people in my single cab, it's fun to blow their doors off in a truck with 33" mud tires. The single cab will walk the vette until 90 mph when physics finally takes over. I will admit that the vette is much safer though and my knuckles don't turn solid white, but I guess that's half the fun of drifting a 4700 lb lifted truck... Lol...
Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 AM
<<<Future tuna killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan. View Post
Im with you, I would like to have both! My brother just bought a '17 Corvette Z51 and that thing is nice. I wouldn't own a Corvette without also having my truck but I might add one to my fleet in the next few years! I can't imagine one of those 1000hp Vettes everyone and their mom are building.
The Stingray is going to get a TVS 2650. That should put her close to the 1000hp crank area...

I still like my fast trucks more though...

2015 Corvette Stingray Z 51 < Stock...

2016 LML CCSB Denali < Lifted 22's/35's, Fox 2.0 < I officially need help.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 AM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-smokinlmm View Post
The Stingray is going to get a TVS 2650. That should put her close to the 1000hp crank area...

I still like my fast trucks more though...
That car will be a monster! When I get mine, it will be going to a track with turns!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Aka Mike Honcho....

Truck guy all the way. I never have and never will own a car.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:31 PM
<-----Lots of green $

ha ha very nice Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
Quote: Carter 44
Boost is like a hot girl with an STD...you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
rollncoal07:Twining is wining
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

You come off as a Timeshare Condo salesman on this site.

If you were helping folk with problems, or asking for input on your problems, it might be different, but from where I see, you are only a little different than the Russian spammers selling iPads that we delete.

Act like more of a human, and less like a spambot, and you'd probably catch less heat. This is "family", and it's our corner bar, and a group of guys with grease all over them leaning over fenders of somebodies truck that ain't making the right boost.

It's also one of few sites with more hardcore wrenches and racers than wannabees.

You're welcome to be a member here, and post about your build, but don't expect people to shower you with roses yet. That comes with seat time on the site, and on the track.