Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-18-2017, 06:07 PM
It's actually Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail Addict View Post
I used to use Stanadyne and 2-stroke in my LB7 religiously. Now I just buy quality fuel. I try to use Shell fuel, because it's what the truck likes based on what's available.
Same here. Shell fuel is top notch
2002 Chevy EC/SB LT 4x4. S&B intake. 5" Magnaflow SP. LML manifold. PPE stage 5 tranny. 30% over Bosch injectors. LBZ SuperSport pump. Studs. All powder coated. EFI by Ridge Runner. Twin Kennedy pumps & pickup. Glowshift gauges. Edge insight cts. Trimmed and lowered on Gear 22x12s and 305/40 Proxes ST

Other toys:
"Tank" 1982 K10 6.2 Detroit diesel/sm465/np205 with 4 inches of lift and 35s. Slow and indestructible
2011 Yamaha YFZ450X
1992 Yamaha Waverunner 3
Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Hotrodder

Default Switching Fuel Additive

The name on the station doesn't mater its who running it. The only time I have gotten bad fuel was from a shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Last edited by Dozerboy; 09-19-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 PM
SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT

I heard DoTerra is coming out with an additive lol

4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEREING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

2004.5 LLY :SOLD
5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT
Old 09-19-2017, 04:16 PM
It's actually Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
The name on the station doesn't mater its who running it. The only time I have gotten bad fuel was from a shell.

Any time I use any sort of no name fuel or noticeably cheaper fuel, my mileage and power suffers. Murphy to be exact. A few others too.
2002 Chevy EC/SB LT 4x4. S&B intake. 5" Magnaflow SP. LML manifold. PPE stage 5 tranny. 30% over Bosch injectors. LBZ SuperSport pump. Studs. All powder coated. EFI by Ridge Runner. Twin Kennedy pumps & pickup. Glowshift gauges. Edge insight cts. Trimmed and lowered on Gear 22x12s and 305/40 Proxes ST

Other toys:
"Tank" 1982 K10 6.2 Detroit diesel/sm465/np205 with 4 inches of lift and 35s. Slow and indestructible
2011 Yamaha YFZ450X
1992 Yamaha Waverunner 3
Old 09-19-2017, 04:17 PM
SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT

Just little update, I'm still on that same tank of fuel because I got some surgery done but I'll be back behind the wheel tomorrow and probably by the weekend she will be empty enough and then I'll run the Howes and hand calculate my MPG.

As far as winter additives I've used the white bottle of power service in Proudhon Bay, Alaska and in the Bakken in ND and never had an issue with gelling.
The only thing that I did as far as prevention was plugging my truck in and I built my own lift pump mount so that it isn't hanging low. Wind chill doesn't affect inanimate objects but it seemed like it made since when I made it

4" MBRP TB AXLE DUMP, EFI IDAHO ROB, PPE RAIL PLUG, S&B AIR, PPE TRANS COOLER, FLEECE TRANS LINES, AIRDOGG 165, EDGE CTS, KRYPTONITE STEERING RODS AND KRYPTONITE IDLER, COGNITO STEREING BRACES, COGNITO DIFF MOUNT, BARS TURNED DOWN AND DROP SHACKLES ON REAR, ALL OTHER PM (REROUTES AND DELETES) PAINT PAINT PAINT

2004.5 LLY :SOLD
5" TB EXHAUST, FASS LIFT PUMP, PPE TUNE, PUMP RUB, MOUTHPIECE, PAINT PAINT AND PAINT
Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkb787 View Post
Any time I use any sort of no name fuel or noticeably cheaper fuel, my mileage and power suffers. Murphy to be exact. A few others too.
I think you butt dyno is off.

I'm just saying you can get bad fuel anywhere. I look more at the store. If it looks run down I'll got down the road and find a store that looks like the owner cares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.