Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 AM
DMD

Question Transfer case bearing question

To whom ever can answer, I’m currently rebuilding my transfer case I have been trying to track down what’s causing my driveline shake. I was under the impression that the input shaft bearing was shot cause it had a bunch of play but I looked closer and see that the bearing is actually moving back and forth in the c clip slot is this normal? The output shaft bearing had moved like this as well that’s why I question if it’s normal I took a video I’ll attach.
https://youtu.be/rhbgFuAGa-c
Old 10-13-2017, 08:30 AM
DMD

I got an answer Iím happy with I just hope it turns out to be true so I can move on. I called merchant automotive and asked about the bearing having play in the case and they said itís a common wear spot and that their new bearing is an updated design with a larger c clip to fix that