Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM
FNG

Default LB7 with P1261 & P0206

What are the odds the injector harness below the valve cover is bad? About a month ago I lashed the valves and since then havenít driven it much. Over the last few weeks I started driving it to work. Monday I noticed it had a slight knock as I pulled up to work. Went to go home and checked the oil, was clean and started it and within a few minutes of it idling these two codes popped up (P1261 P0206). My truck never had the new injector harness put in from the recall. Previous owner had replaced one harness but on the other bank. Injectors are still somewhat new with good balance rates (1.2 is the highest). I just finished giving it a once over and I havenít found any rubbed threw wires either. Only two possible things, FICM or the harness under the valve covers. Any thoughts before I order anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Moved to LB7 section of Hard Parts.

"Flyin' Brick" 1999 Chevy 1500 RC/SB 2wd -- in progress
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.

From mufflerguy on yb,
"Lets build a race car they said. Itll be fun they said. I don't know who "they" are.........but they need a good punch in the face!"
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM
FNG

Pretty sure the only way GM wouldve replaced any LB7 injector harness is if it Broke from too much tension!!! IF it came off theres the Ice Pick trick but I was thinkin that was mostly LLYs... Ohm out the injectors with a multimeter & it will tell Ya lots about what May be goin on...
Old 10-12-2017, 07:53 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcustoms View Post
Pretty sure the only way GM wouldve replaced any LB7 injector harness is if it Broke from too much tension!!! IF it came off theres the Ice Pick trick but I was thinkin that was mostly LLYs... Ohm out the injectors with a multimeter & it will tell Ya lots about what May be goin on...

Thatís what I plan on doing. I ordered 2 new harness just because, plan on tearing into it this weekend and seeing if I can find the Cause. I just hope it isnít the Injector that took a shit lol I have exergy 45 overs with sac tips, those be expense and take a few extra days to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk