Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
don't know sh!t about IFS

All I know is the people out there looking for jobs don't want to work. It flat out pisses me off when I need to hire people

02 LL7 2500HD CC/LB dmax/alli "The Limo"

BIG THANKS TO: Mike L, Steve, Trent, Guy, Dan, Ruben, Josh H, Scott, Brian and everyone else who has put a hand in to help me.

best time to date: 12.39

motor died/bent rods = 3/11/11
back from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

Limo is back in the garage, now driving a built chevy tracker
Tailgate Crew Member #4
Old 09-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Hotrodder

I'm for hire

Did that come out right?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:18 AM
NOT IN OREGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
You'd be surprised, Sean....

None of you know me, ok? So if you happen to get a PM asking who I really am....

( I laugh, but I know its happened before to other people)
Kevin Bacon's brother right?
Efi Live, MikeL trans/R converter, 5" Magnaflow, 3" Magnaflow DP, 4" CAI, ADII 165, BT box, RDL intake horn, Manifolds/uppipes, 3" MBRP boost tubes, Rancho 9000's, RareParts tierods, DHD Brace, 4/6 drop, 60" traction bars, LML 20's/420's
Port/polished/wetzel turbo by Yellowchevy
Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
To complete my earlier thought:

I think Macy's and Kohl's (definitely) will weather whatever Amazon throws at them b/c they have a well-received net presence with their customers. That's carrying their stores.

As to this:
I have to ask, how much do those warehouse and support jobs pay? Same/better than the jobs that are lost, or less? Benefits? (this would be a huge plus)

I hear Michigan is in prime position to land the new Amazon HQ. They claim 50,000 jobs (which I think is a bit optimistic), but even if its half that, this state could really use that kind of good news.
I even buy my dog food thru AMAZON, guys at work were giving me shit that the kid at PetSmart just lost his job, I told them the truck driver and warehouse workers make better money anyways. The kid from PetSmart needed to get his application in! LOL!

Oddly enough the USPS is delivering most of my AMAZON orders, not UPS (Tom). Even deliver on Saturday and Sunday.

2015.5 Denali. Dmax Allison, under construction.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Hotrodder

It's basic economics that Amazon would cost more jobs than they will provide. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the business as a cheap alternative to brick-and-mortar stores. They have cheap products and extremely streamline process for delivering those products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne-max View Post
Until they enforce taxs on online purchase we will keep seeing stores close like crazy. As a business owner it makes it a pain in the ass. Customer service only goes so far when you have to charge 7.25% tax and meet map pricing.
Quote:
NE, yes you are correct on taxes. But what's the answer to that? The Feds would have to get involved with new law, wouldnt they?
This started here at the beginning of the year. Amazon is charging taxes to quite a few states per request and deals with the states. A little blip from an artical.

Amazonís agreement with the state allows them to keep a percentage of the tax collected, but it is unclear if the retailer will. Utah is the 30th state to reach an agreement with Amazon to collect sales tax.

Trans and Twins by EPR