Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Vendor

Truck: 2003 CC/LB Dually
Engine: LB7
Transmission: Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Do what you want to do. I felt you guys should see what's happening to some of these wheels, though.
Tom,
I appreciate the thread link of the failures.
I want a turbo that will tow moderate/heavy loads and daily drive well. I've been going back and forth between a batmowheel, EPR S366, or II 366 phatshaft. I want it to spool fairly quick being I mostly tow with my pickup.

Sorry to clutter the OP thread.

Yellowchevy
Old 09-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Hotrodder

Truck: rc/lb
Engine: lb7

EPR 366 spools faster than the II because the turbine is a little smaller

2003 rc/lb zf6 South bend dual disk 64/75 compounds 30% injectors
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 PM
<---broken

Truck: CC/SB
Engine: LB7 injector eater!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgullett83 View Post
X2 I agree, i thought about doing this, but i went with a billet 366 instead
And never looked back love my billet 66 got around 15k miles on it going stong

2012 mega cab 6.7: Tuned and deleted
Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
FNG

Truck: Chevy 2500HD CC/SB

Yellowchevy no worries about all the post I'm glad I'm seeing all this info cuz I did this upgrade so that downbthebroad when I do twins it will hopefully give me even better power and response but after hearing about the issues I'm worried about what will happen with it and a billet s475 combined :/ also wishing I had listened to tim at sjd and had my wheel balanced before install but his turbo guy said it should be factory balanced
SUSPENSION-Rancho 4 in. Lift -Rancho 9000XL Shocks -Tie Rod Sleeves -Moto Metal 957 wrapped in Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50R18 EXHAUST- Custom: Dual 5" SS With 7" Rolled Lip Tips TRANSMISSION -Built by St Joe Diesel -GMax 5 Pac -Precision ML Converter -MikeL Pump Rub Wear Plate -Transfer Case Brace PERFORMANCE- 25% Over Exergy Injectors- AFE Pro Dry S Stage 2 Intake -AirDog II -Banks BigHead Wategate- SDP Batmowheel- EFI with CTS Insight- ARP Head Studs- Banks Technicooler

Want to say thanks to Tim (now w/ Baillie Diesel) and Richard at St Joe Diesel for all their great work and thanks to all the vendors and members who sold me parts to make my rig what it is!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW_388 View Post
Yellowchevy no worries about all the post I'm glad I'm seeing all this info cuz I did this upgrade so that downbthebroad when I do twins it will hopefully give me even better power and response but after hearing about the issues I'm worried about what will happen with it and a billet s475 combined :/ also wishing I had listened to tim at sjd and had my wheel balanced before install but his turbo guy said it should be factory balanced
My plan was to go the same route as you with an S475 over top of my stock turbo but due to resent event's I'm considering an S366 or Garrett 4088.
I've heard the same thing, get the whole assembly balanced.

On a side know my wife is from Harrisonville MO. I lived in Kansas city from 2009(part of the year) 2010 and some of 2011. Hopefully we'll be back some day for more than just visits to her parents place.

Yellowchevy
Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM
FNG

Well hot damn its a small world lol how the heck did a Canadian meet a harrisonville girl?

But I'm now thinking if the wheel don't grenade I may have to pull it out and balance it next time my truck.is down for awhile or this winter but if it does grenade I'll def be getting a s366 for twins or be finding me the right single for my needs.
SUSPENSION-Rancho 4 in. Lift -Rancho 9000XL Shocks -Tie Rod Sleeves -Moto Metal 957 wrapped in Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50R18 EXHAUST- Custom: Dual 5" SS With 7" Rolled Lip Tips TRANSMISSION -Built by St Joe Diesel -GMax 5 Pac -Precision ML Converter -MikeL Pump Rub Wear Plate -Transfer Case Brace PERFORMANCE- 25% Over Exergy Injectors- AFE Pro Dry S Stage 2 Intake -AirDog II -Banks BigHead Wategate- SDP Batmowheel- EFI with CTS Insight- ARP Head Studs- Banks Technicooler

Want to say thanks to Tim (now w/ Baillie Diesel) and Richard at St Joe Diesel for all their great work and thanks to all the vendors and members who sold me parts to make my rig what it is!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Well hot damn its a small world lol how the heck did a Canadian meet a harrisonville girl?

But I'm now thinking if the wheel don't grenade I may have to pull it out and balance it next time my truck.is down for awhile or this winter but if it does grenade I'll def be getting a s366 for twins or be finding me the right single for my needs.
Haha, I'm not a Canadian. I'm from North Dakota originally. The company I work for is based out of Lenexa, KS. I was on a project in Springfield IL and after I was done there I got moved to the office in Kansas City, that's where I met my wife; she works for the same company. We got moved up here to Canadian for project.

With finding out about the batmowheel I'm looking at an S366 myself, there's LOTS of options.

Hopefully in a year we'll be heading back to the states.

Yellowchevy
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
FNG

Well sounds like your def getting to see all parts of north America and the s366 def opens up all kinds of possibilities for future mods and horsepower gains

Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Why do I keep doing this?

Truck: 2003 GMC CC/SB
Engine: LB7-Z

Some interesting info came out today from BorgWarner. They compared their 80mm cast wheel to a Batmo 80mm.....
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=142796

2003 Olds Aurora -- the new DD

Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Reality is a matter of perspective, and luck favors the prepared.

I'm old enough to know that I know just enough to be dangerous.

This forum isn't for the weak of heart.....or wallet.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Goer

Truck: 04 CC/LB

So has anyone herd of the stock turbo replacement wheels going bad or problems with them?
All of these storys/problems seem to be with the new bigger chargers even the flow comparison.

Trans and Twins by EPR
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Hotrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Some interesting info came out today from BorgWarner. They compared their 80mm cast wheel to a Batmo 80mm.....
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=142796
just further proves that the batmo wheel is a hoax. We all know if it was more expensive its always better right

The Rabbit-build in progress
1984 2wd SB c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider552 View Post
big balls if you measure in seconds of duration
Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
FNG

Just installed a Dts 64mm ihi a week age after blowing up to 2 stock ihi's with batmo wheels! The 64 is the way to go its 1500 with a one warranty. And it rips!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Monster Maxx

Truck: 2002 Chevy duramax
Engine: lb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax racer 8 View Post
Just installed a Dts 64mm ihi a week age after blowing up to 2 stock ihi's with batmo wheels! The 64 is the way to go its 1500 with a one warranty. And it rips!!

2002 LB7 (170,000)
EFI Live Toman Special
5" Single stack Exaust 3" turbo direct
Drivers side lml manifold
Air Dog II 165
Big Dipper Stage IV Trans/ ML converter
Trans case brace,pump rub kit
Cognito braces,and tie rod sleeves
Banks big Head /PPE boost valve
Auto meter Phantom Guages Pyro,Fuel,Boost
Intake horn mod,fprv mod,lbz fpr
mbrp hot side 3" ic pipe
H2's wrapped with 285/70/17 mastercraft courser at's
480rwhp/858tq 05/26/12
Stock turbo & sticks 540rwhp/1022tq 08/8/12
A SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Chris R,JustinD,JayF,Chachee,Jeremy holmes,Cody B,Derek B,Toman,George aka Big Dipper,&everyone else who got their hands dirty to get the truck to the level it is at!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
FNG

Well I have been happy with my batmo but am now wishing I had done more research before buying mine from what i have begun to read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Well I have been happy with my batmo but am now wishing I had done more research before buying mine from what i have begun to read
I think it depends on how you drive/what you use the pickup for. If you aren't racing all the time I'd think you'd be ok. Just my thoughts.

The wife and I will be back in Missouri the 3rd week end in November, should be nice.

Yellowchevy