Duramax Diesels Forum

Duramax Diesels Forum (http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoke Signals (http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread (http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58889)

Burn Down 05-30-2014 03:55 PM

Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread
 
Okay I follow along on Comp D's thread and it looks like there are several that lift things up and put them down over here so.... Post your results, goals, failures, whatever the heck you want.:D

Dirtymaxx03 05-30-2014 03:57 PM

I lift weights everyday. Have no idea what any maxes are though. Like you said, I just lift up heavy things and put them back down lol

hondarider552 05-30-2014 04:00 PM

I use Cranes at work, makes it easy.

I usually lift stuff that I won't easily sweat while doing, so light stuff like pillows, sockets, zip ties, stuff of that nature. I used to lift in HS, but you wouldnt notice. My max was double my weight at the time.

Mpsoldier 05-30-2014 04:16 PM

Lift daily endurance really 2weeks heavy weight 1 week high reps. Ever sense deployment it gives me a challenge on what I can do and how to relieve stress in a positive way. My only goal is to hit 200pds. I am 6'1" and 193 now, but cut up not fat well only a little. My legs are the strong point, squat 315 for 8 and leg press 975 for 8.

Burn Down 05-30-2014 04:25 PM

I got into weights in high school for sports, Football & Track. I also grew up on a Ranch in Idaho so i know about working hard at a young age, so Vinny and Jacob can pipe the F down:D. Anywho, got out of school got married built a family, stopped lifting, raced moto for a bit. Broke Back, Leg, Shoulder Blade, Ribs, Hand, Collar bone, Separated shoulder, Punctured lung yada yada... Decided I wasn't a very good Motocrosser and supporting my family seemed like a better idea, RETIRED the bike:( Raced at 5 11" 175 lbs retired and picked up 30 lbs:mad::D.

Wife started getting into fitness and dropped a few pounds and really started looking good and I wasn't the only one noticing... I decided my fat ass needed to go back to the gym. I had a military buddy that kept harping on me to go to the gym with him, he is built like a brick sh*t house.

So my stats when I started were.
36 years young still 5' 11" 205 lbs 20-24% body fat and soft as a marshmallow:D
Bench 195
Squat 175 in the gain robbing abomination known as the "Smith Machine"
Dead Lifts My Fascious Gym didn't allow dead lifts so 0lbs:D
Other lifts aren't worth noting.

Fast forward to today.
39 years old 195-200 13-15% body fat. Still carrying a little fat around my stomach area but have veins and some decent definition coming in. Happy with my results.
Bench 320 touch and go, 310-315 competition pause rep. Wrist wraps only.
Squat 320 Raw comp legal depth no belt, wraps or anything. 275 ATTG. 9 months in a real gym.
Dead body lift 425X2 raw no belt, or wraps, straps of any kind. Same as squats 9 months of real Dead lifts.
Clean and Jerk 215
Snatch 165 I really suck at these. What a difficult lift to master...
Single arm Barbell snatch 105X2 each arm
Incline bench at 45* 190... Wtf who flat benches 300+ and can't incline 200:confused:
decline Bench 300+ never tried maxing this, no reason.

Goals by the end of the year.
Make the Anchorage Powerlifting meet and compete at 39 years old, one year under the Masters division:D and stay under 195...
Bench 350+
Dead 500+
Squat 400+

Oh and Natty for me I want this all on my own:thumb: Please know that i don't judge anyone for using Gear you still have to bust your ass no matter what:thumb:

Burn Down 05-30-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondarider552 (Post 827272)
I use Cranes at work, makes it easy.

I usually lift stuff that I won't easily sweat while doing, so light stuff like pillows, sockets, zip ties, stuff of that nature. I used to lift in HS, but you wouldnt notice. My max was double my weight at the time.

Brian I lift when I want to lift:D Not when work tells me too...

Burn Down 05-30-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtymaxx03 (Post 827271)
I lift weights everyday. Have no idea what any maxes are though. Like you said, I just lift up heavy things and put them back down lol

What are your Goals? Side walk cracking mother f-er?:rofl:

Andrew 05-30-2014 05:06 PM

How you manage to lift that much with your back/ shoulder problems is beyond me. :confused: l I haven't been to a gym in over a yr waiting for my shoulder to heal enough were I can actually do a workout lol

Burn Down 05-30-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 827298)
How you manage to lift that much with your back/ shoulder problems is beyond me. :confused: l I haven't been to a gym in over a yr waiting for my shoulder to heal enough were I can actually do a workout lol

It has actually made my back feel much better. I compression fractured the 3 bottom Vertebrae In Reno jumping a step up. Nothing the doctor could do for me, just had to man up and take the pain and see how it healed. It took 4 months to heal enough it didn't hurt 24/7 and then I would throw it out at the bottom a couple times a year... This went on until I got back in the gym. I stretch and warm up as good as I can. I'm learning this is more important then anything. You must be warm and loose to lift weights, even more if you have old injuries. I haven't thrown my back out in 4 years...

The Shoulder is interesting. 3rd degree seperation, so I tore the collar bone completely off of the scapula. Took a 3.5 long Titanium screw and 3.5 months of immobilization to heal it. 6 years later I crashed and landed on the left shoulder again snapping the collar bone, cracking the scapula, 3 ribs and a punctured lung... That was the retirement crash...

Anywho, the left shoulder has never given me problems, even withthe ti plate on the collar bone. My right shoulder on the other hand got pissed at me benching. I have had a goal of benching 315 ever since I saw a guy in High school do it... So about 7 months ago I went for it and my spotter wasn't paying attention. I pushed up 4" off my chest then it just dropped, chest caught it though:D I stretched or tore my rotator cuff in the right side. I went back to 225 5X5's and altered my grip narrowed up some (more tricep) stayed there slowly working the shoulder and spending lots of time stretching and warming up. That is key! So 2 months ago I feel pretty good, shoulder is good. Bam 315 no problem. I have since done 320 for one. Pretty happy for a old busted up motocrosser.

zf>allison 05-30-2014 05:47 PM

I make it in 4 to 5 days a week with my brother. I'm 6 ft 1 1/2 inches 224 pounds I should be around 200 but as long as I'm getting stronger I don't care. Don't max on a lot of stuff flat bench is 325. I do better pressing dumbells. And max on dead lift with I just recently have been hitting hard is 405 alternate grip with no belt. I don't have wrist wraps either.
Goals for the year are get some calves. Flat bench 355. And dead lift 500. Maybe lose some weight.:spit:.
My actual bench goal is stay 100 pounds ahead of my brother who is 190 pounds 6 foot 2 and lean. I am currently failing at that by 5 pounds lol.

Andrew 05-30-2014 05:48 PM

That's crazy man I fractured a couple vertebrae in my back when I was 19 took me 4 yrs before it didn't hurt me constantly now a yr later I feel like I did before all that happened . Then I had a bad fall dislocated my shoulder an in the process if trying to reset it my way I chipped the ball an ripped the stuff in the socket. Been a yr an I still can't pick my right arm above chest hieght. Been kinda scared to push my luck going back to the gym. Before the shoulder I used to go all the time never any weight that was note worthy in my book tho. Maybe its time to man up again an try it haha

Burn Down 05-30-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew (Post 827306)
That's crazy man I fractured a couple vertebrae in my back when I was 19 took me 4 yrs before it didn't hurt me constantly now a yr later I feel like I did before all that happened . Then I had a bad fall dislocated my shoulder an in the process if trying to reset it my way I chipped the ball an ripped the stuff in the socket. Been a yr an I still can't pick my right arm above chest hieght. Been kinda scared to push my luck going back to the gym. Before the shoulder I used to go all the time never any weight that was note worthy in my book tho. Maybe its time to man up again an try it haha

Andrew if it's healed and there isn't any chips floating around in there have your Ortho guy look it over, If he says its healed and no chips.... Man Up!

Just start with simple arm raises and some light stretching, slowly add stuff in there and listen to your body:thumb:

The Gym has literally given me a new purpose in life. I truly love it, all of it. I can embrace all disciplines and totally respect people who try... You don't have to be a beast, just try:D

Dirtymaxx03 05-30-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn Down (Post 827290)
What are your Goals? Side walk cracking mother f-er?:rofl:

I believe in functional muscle lol

Load it up real heavy and drop set to failure.

Burn Down 05-30-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtymaxx03 (Post 827312)
I believe in functional muscle lol

Load it up real heavy and drop set to failure.

Functional muscle and bodybuilding?:D Just kidding the shear will and dedication to get that big is mind blowing... Not my bag but I respect those guys.

I agree with the functional muscle thing. I do the Olympic & crossfit stuff to keep my mobility intact. I believe you can have it all, to some degree.
I think you can look jacked, be strong as an ox & still be very athletic.

Burn Down 05-30-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zf>allison (Post 827304)
I make it in 4 to 5 days a week with my brother. I'm 6 ft 1 1/2 inches 224 pounds I should be around 200 but as long as I'm getting stronger I don't care. Don't max on a lot of stuff flat bench is 325. I do better pressing dumbells. And max on dead lift with I just recently have been hitting hard is 405 alternate grip with no belt. I don't have wrist wraps either.
Goals for the year are get some calves. Flat bench 355. And dead lift 500. Maybe lose some weight.:spit:.
My actual bench goal is stay 100 pounds ahead of my brother who is 190 pounds 6 foot 2 and lean. I am currently failing at that by 5 pounds lol.

We have about the same goals for this year keep us updated on how your doing.

I'm a big fan of no straps either. I over hand Dead 355 with a hook grip, hurts like hell but locks you on the bar. After 355 I alternate my grip. Each set I switch which hand is alternated to keep my upper back from growing goofy... Not sure if it's a problem for others or not but seemed like one arm and side of my upper back wanted grow better than the other.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors