Danville 72

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Would i be safer if i did injectors too? to help lower pulsewidth. I know theres prolly better choices then a 72vgt but from what I've read it'll do everything i want it to do for now, and i love that it goes in the factory location. Good price on it was a + too :) but thanks for the info guys!

Yes defiantly get injectors. Will help a lot

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
My 467 spools faster than my 72 did... Rode in another locals with a 72 and mine out spools his as well.

Personally, If someone is dead set on a VGT I say the 4094 and rock out at 600-625hp and then when they want more than that, step up to a s467-s472.... Just too much bang for the buck not to. I'm running FPE 467 and LOVE IT, but mark has come out with a s467 as well now that I heard worked well.

Obviously you have tuned many variations, I have a s366 cast wheel with 74mm turbine and .91 a/r t4. It's tuned by me and my cousin has a bullseye s468 and it spools better than my s366 in my opinion, but does not pull a trailer nearly as well. I have way old RDL headers and up pipes with v-band assemblies and they leak in our cold winters. I want to go back to the basics and get a 72 vgt so I can still tow and make 650 rwhp on my stock bottom end and whistle and sound good going by buildings and in parking lots, lol. I've sold and installed a FPE 63mm cheetah and loved the sound of it, I just wanted the little bit more potential of the 72 billet at the local farm pulls and dd duties. Or I'm going back to twins, but 72 is drop in deal and twins I have to Fab again because I don't want to out my s366/s480 twins back on my stock bottom end...

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Obviously you have tuned many variations, I have a s366 cast wheel with 74mm turbine and .91 a/r t4. It's tuned by me and my cousin has a bullseye s468 and it spools better than my s366 in my opinion, but does not pull a trailer nearly as well. I have way old RDL headers and up pipes with v-band assemblies and they leak in our cold winters. I want to go back to the basics and get a 72 vgt so I can still tow and make 650 rwhp on my stock bottom end and whistle and sound good going by buildings and in parking lots, lol. I've sold and installed a FPE 63mm cheetah and loved the sound of it, I just wanted the little bit more potential of the 72 billet at the local farm pulls and dd duties. Or I'm going back to twins, but 72 is drop in deal and twins I have to Fab again because I don't want to out my s366/s480 twins back on my stock bottom end...

My 72 did not tow very well... Yes vanes were high doing all they could trying to make boost to kill egts. I flashed it with over 300 variations trying to make it happy so I could give a legit report when folks asked. I feel the 366 with a little trans tuning will tow better than the 72vgt.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
The 4094vgt tows very well. I pulled 10,000lbs in the city and open highway over the summer talking loads of scrap steel to the recycler. Even with outside temps at 115°+ and stop and go driving I had no issues.

I have Mark's billet wheel in there with stock sticks and cp3. I want to jump up to the 72mm but I can't have my truck down long enough to send it in and get it opened up.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
[ QUOTE=Duramax5;793644]Cool, Installing the turbo here in a few weeks and hopefully injectors this summer sometime:woott: I'm pumped![/QUOTE]

You going to Denton or little river in march?

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com

Our 63 (true 63) is very comfortable at 650rwhp. And has made over 700rwhp on Nick's dyno. If your goal is towing why pick a large compressor wheel that takes more vane angle (drive) to run, especially just at 650rwhp..

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
The 4094vgt tows very well. I pulled 10,000lbs in the city and open highway over the summer talking loads of scrap steel to the recycler. Even with outside temps at 115°+ and stop and go driving I had no issues.

I have Mark's billet wheel in there with stock sticks and cp3. I want to jump up to the 72mm but I can't have my truck down long enough to send it in and get it opened up.

Yeah my 4094 towed really well too... I liked it!

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Our 63 (true 63) is very comfortable at 650rwhp. And has made over 700rwhp on Nick's dyno. If your goal is towing why pick a large compressor wheel that takes more vane angle (drive) to run, especially just at 650rwhp..

I've debated very hard, trust me. I like the potential for 700+ and was thinking 625-650 on a regular basis, did... I can get a deal on a 72mm 4094 for $500 less than one of your 63mm brand new, that was the main reason I even contemplated it.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
I've debated very hard, trust me. I like the potential for 700+ and was thinking 625-650 on a regular basis, did... I can get a deal on a 72mm 4094 for $500 less than one of your 63mm brand new, that was the main reason I even contemplated it.

Anything over 740 is a myth with this turbo IMO. A 68 billet or even a 63mm like Brayden said would be better for pulling a trailer! I towed with my 468 and it did fine. You just have to use common sense for the application!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk