LML Danville 3794 Stg2 [Archive] - Duramax Diesels Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LML Danville 3794 Stg2

NinjaMax
06-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Who's running them in a new lml stocker? 68mm billet wheel vs 65mm?, vane upgrade worth it? Mods in my Sig. flirting with it for a few weeks, looking for some feedback.

clrussell
06-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Did they get tuning worked out on them?

minerigger
06-23-2016, 08:39 PM
They have one specifically for the lml I know...but I haven't heard of anyone running it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NinjaMax
06-23-2016, 09:12 PM
They have one specifically for the lml I know...but I haven't heard of anyone running it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ya its the 3794stg2, I was looking into the r, but I Denville's site says its not recommended for 11+ lml's. Not sure if that's in a drop in application or not. Either way looks like not many people have them yet. I wonder what the issue with the stg2 R is on 11+ lml's..

Rancelot211
06-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Best bet is to call mark.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7
06-23-2016, 10:41 PM
The 68stg2r is lazy on stock fuel lml imo they make great power and run well but lazy.

The 3794 68 would spool better and drive nicer imo

fallooffie
07-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Hey guys. Just had the Danville 3794 Stg2 installed in my rig with the 68mm wheel and stock vanes. Should hopefully be getting some numbers off the dyno today. The truck is at a shop 160 miles away from me. Haven't gotten to drive it or hear it yet. Hopefully I'll be taking delivery of it sometime his week. Will try and keep y'all posted.

Take care,

fallooffie
08-02-2016, 02:32 PM
So getting some numbers from the shop that installed the CP3 and Danville 3794 in my truck and we're only getting 560hp to the rear wheels from the Maxxx effort tune. Not happy with those numbers. That is with the AFE air filter removed. Also they are using a mustang dyno. Data logs have been recorded and sent off to PPEI. According to Kory at PPEI everything in the data logs look great except for the air. Just not getting enough! :confused: Kory is saying we should be in the 615hp range. Shop is trying to see if we have a leak somewhere. Hopefully they find a leak. If they don't find a leak does anyone have any other suggestions to remedy this situation?

Thanks

slowlml
08-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Should be higher for sure. There's a few guys on df running the stage2r on their lmls n have been doing well. Iirc one is tuned my kory the other by tony from ridgerunner. Holly rock customs has one on their 15 or 16 lml, can't remember the year. Dual pumps, big sticks n it's running mid to low 11s with some giggle gas.
Not poking at you but why did you go with stock vanes vs marks high flow ones?

fallooffie
08-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Interesting to know. Im sure (hoping) there is just a boost leak somewhere. Just makes me antsy.

Concerning the vanes; A couple people I talked to said it probably wouldn't make that big of a difference. Maybe it does.... I'm sure you would see some horsepower increase up top but how much? Would be interesting to see the difference between stock vanes and high flow vanes on the same truck. Do you know of anyone?

Drock
08-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Only suggestion I can give you is give mark at Danville a shout and get his tunes on the truck.

I had this turbo on my lmm with korys tunes and he couldn't get it right. Made the switch to Mark and made a huge difference in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallooffie
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Drock,

You had the 3794 Stg2 before? On Danvilles website it specifies that this turbo is for LML's only. Could you clarify?

I may look into going the Mark route if we don't figure something out soon.

Thanks!

Drock
08-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I had the 3794 when he first came out with it. I believe he designed one specifically for the lml.

Just looked on their website. They have 2 different turbo selections. One for the lml and the other for rest.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 05:44 AM
Well I reached out to Mark at Danville this morning. He's off on vacation at the moment but was supposed to be back in tomorrow. Anyways I spoke with a lady there and as soon as I told her my truck was an LML she said there was nothing they could do...they don't tune the LML's yet even though they sell a turbo specifically for he LML. Does anyone know of another tuner that may be able to help? PPEI may have the tuning perfect but I'd like to explore other options to be sure.

Dozerboy
08-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Check with Tony about tuning.

I would have Mark look at the logs and see if he has an idea.

How much boost is the truck making?

Acording to Mark the high flow vanes are only really nessary in twin applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Appreciate the advice! Not sure on the boost. Will have to ask the shop. Tony is with ridge runner correct?

Hernpj01
08-03-2016, 07:40 AM
yes that is correct

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Asked about the boost and on the 560hp run they were seeing 32psi on the GT tuner.

Dozerboy
08-03-2016, 09:22 AM
560hp on 32psi isn't bad. So like you said the question is why ain't you making more boost.

Drock
08-03-2016, 09:46 AM
IIRC on the lmm with this turbo and korys tunes I saw a max psi of 36

With marks tuning I was around they 45 mark. I never dynoed it though.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Yeah my guy is confused too since they have went over every pipe and fitting more than once and still can't find a leak. Also fuel rail is holding 28k. AFE filter was removed during runs too. My guy has a friend in Minnesota and they apparently do a decent amount of turbo swaps on LML's. Friend said they've had great results using Motorops. So we're going to take a different approach and try out Motorops tuning. We're also seeing A LOT of smoke on bottom end. Like blacking out smoke. They think we have a vane position problem in the tuning. Who knows, we may not. PPEI has been great to deal with but somethings not right and we've gotta start deleting possibilities.

Rancelot211
08-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Fwiw I also has problems with Kory tuning two different chargers on my lmm. First was a 3794 wouldn't spool at all and smoked like a freight train. So I changed chargers after looking for a boost leaks and everything else under the sun. Put my stg 2r on and same thing. Truck was lazy and tons of smoke. Got fed up with email after e mail. Switched tuners and haven't looked back since. He did refund me so can't complain there.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Ok so I lied on rail pressure :D confirmed it was 25k under full load. Is that good?

Rancelot211
08-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Not your issue

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Ahh that's good to know. I was wondering if I was going to be out of 1200 bucks if it turns out PPEI's tuning is the issue.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Thanks rancelot

Chevy1925
08-03-2016, 10:17 AM
first off,

this is a dyno. you should not be comparing numbers. 50hp swing is very easy to see from dyno to dyno. none are the same. You should be using the dyno to get tuning dialed in for what you will be using the truck for and what each tune will be used for. dont get hung up on the number. the graph of the dyno is how you can dial a tune in for what you want to use the tune for and make other things work with it.

stock fueled truck, 32psi on the dyno isnt bad but id think you should be seeing something in the high 30s. i would bet you see more on the street. this is very common to see a difference.

if the tune you have is an all out race tune, smoke on the bottom end till the turbo comes up will be common. you may not even get all the fuel cleaned up when the turbo comes on.

i would be calling tony at ridgerunner in a heartbeat. i dont care for duramaxtuner/motorops.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Understood on the dyno part. I understand it's really just a tuning tool. My truck isn't a stock fuel truck though. See my sig. I'll see if I care for Motorops after we drop their tunes in the truck. :)

Josh154
08-03-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm running a modded Lly charger with high flow vanes and many other mods. I really didn't see much gain and emailed back and forth with Kory. He says I need more fuel. I talked with mark and he says I should easily be 600hp range on stock fuel, mark even said Kory has to be missing something as mark built this same charger for years and has even got 700hp out if it with more fuel. I also believe it's something with my vane positioning not being correct with these high flow vanes. I will be switching to mark when I can. With my weight speed and time I'm only at 530hp. This turbo has the potential to move a ton of air but something is not right with the tuning and therefore I'm switching to mark.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/mxracer154/1CA12646-72E5-460F-A2B9-D302CF267FB0.png (http://s112.photobucket.com/user/mxracer154/media/1CA12646-72E5-460F-A2B9-D302CF267FB0.png.html)

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Good to know Josh. Appreciate the input as your situation could be similar to mine.

Dozerboy
08-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Sounds like motorsops has came a long ways since he started, but after the way he started out. I would be going to Tony. He has done more for Dmaxs then they could ever hope to.

clrussell
08-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Understood on the dyno part. I understand it's really just a tuning tool. My truck isn't a stock fuel truck though. See my sig. I'll see if I care for Motorops after we drop their tunes in the truck. :)

Looks like stock fuel to me... Lift pump doesn't count persay.. Oversize injectors / pump is not stock fuel

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Yeah I was referring to the Fleece Powerflo 750 CP3 injection pump installed in the truck. I don't have oversize injectors though.

Troysalm71
08-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah I was referring to the Fleece Powerflo 750 CP3 injection pump installed in the truck. I don't have oversize injectors though.

If you ever get this figured I too would like to know. I just called Danville today on that turbo. They were up front and told me some have seen very good results others not so much. I too have Korys tuning. I'm looking at running this turbo for the fact it's a drop in replacement an not looking for a ton of power. Just looking to cool it down a little while towing. Maybe clean the smoke up too as this truck literally is as bad as a 12 valve no joke.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Will definitely keep the thread updated. I'm figuring it won't be till next week before the shop receives the Motorops autocal tunes and we can make some more runs. Fingers crossed for better results

Chevy1925
08-03-2016, 03:03 PM

all you took care of was rail pressure, not a way to inject more fuel. i know where LML injectors sit and the fuel they can produce.

25k is running low on rail pressure for an LML. you should be 27-30k. thats some missing HP right there.

fallooffie
08-03-2016, 03:23 PM
That's the number the shop gave me but according to Kory he saw nothing wrong in the data. I'm sure he looked at rail pressure in the data and saw it was fine. Probably better then what the shop saw. Before I changed over from the CP4 to the CP3 Kory noted I had low rail pressure. I'm thinking issue would be resolved otherwise he would have said something. I'm hearing 700hp is about the limit for LML stock injectors but I could be wrong of course

clrussell
08-03-2016, 03:53 PM

Yea I missed that.. And it's the first thing..

Josh154
08-03-2016, 04:31 PM
I have also heard that stock lml injectors are good for right around that 700hp range. Im curious to see what happens when you switch tuning

NC-smokinlmm
08-04-2016, 04:45 AM
I have also heard that stock lml injectors are good for right around that 700hp range. Im curious to see what happens when you switch tuning

Stock lml injectors are the equivalent to 60% over lbz injectors. You have plenty of fuel that 25k rail pressure is fine, it's your tuning. I was involved in an LML 3794 swap, we gave up, Kory was also tuning it. I will not ever swap another LML turbo until the hidden tables are accessed and Mark is building delete tunes for them. I don't ever see it happening though...

I have Motor ops on my 15 and it's a beast, spoolup is instantaneous, power is good and smoke is minimal...

fallooffie
08-04-2016, 06:12 AM
Only time will tell. Thanks for the input smokin!

fallooffie
08-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Got my truck back today! Initial feelings are great! Quicker spool up than factory from what I remember. Danville turbo whistle lets you know this baby ain't stock and sounds great but not too loud. Turbo brake still works. Not sure if it's stronger than factory but initially feels just as good. Just tried it out for a couple stops in town. Will learn more in the coming days.

Motorops tune is running cleaner than the PPEI tunes with more power! Decent amount of smoke on the bottom end but then she cleans up really good. Awesome power on the Maxxx effort tune which is the only one I've tried so far. Motorops trans tuning feels nice and tight. When I gun it at 70mph it downshifts into 4th quick. Again decent amount of smoke then it cleans up great. Pre-turbo EGT's are at 1050F cruising at 78mph

For the numbers; with Motorops Maxxx effort tunes from Steve the truck is pushing 585rwhp and 1055ft/lb's. Pic of dyno run attached for viewing. Just for reference; before the Danville went in the truck it was only making 371rwhp on the Maxxx effort tunes from PPEI. Once the Danville was installed we were able to push around, if I recall correctly, the 550 mark with the PPEI tunes albeit with way too much smoke. Just wouldn't clean up.

These numbers were set on a Mustang Dyno which, from what I've read, notoriously read lower than Dynojet and Dynapack dyno's. Guys in the shop told me one guy had 720rwhp on their Mustang dyno then on the same day he took it to another shop and hit over 800rwhp. They weren't sure if it was a Dynojet or Dynapack dyno.

Well that's all I have for now. Again pic of dyno run is attached to this post. Holler if you have any questions of suggestions.

dmarriner60
08-13-2016, 05:20 PM
How is driveabilty compared to stock? Is it nice smooth and refined like the LML stock or is it quite noticeable that there is a change at light throttle driving around town? I only ask as I love that stock turbo tuned seems like factory until I push the go pedal then its a different ball game. And great that you got things figured out, I am looking forward to more installs and reviews so I know what way I will go next :thumb:

fallooffie
08-13-2016, 05:37 PM
I'd say just as good! I just took the brother for a ride and he said it felt smoother to him. Whether that's the turbo or trans tuning or both I can't be sure. It's definitely peppy and smooth in town and you won't get any complaints from me on the drivability. Like I said previously, the Danville seems to light quicker than the stocker and sounds great!

NinjaMax
08-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Got my truck back today! Initial feelings are great! Quicker spool up than factory from what I remember. Danville turbo whistle lets you know this baby ain't stock and sounds great but not too loud. Turbo brake still works. Not sure if it's stronger than factory but initially feels just as good. Just tried it out for a couple stops in town. Will learn more in the coming days.

Motorops tune is running cleaner than the PPEI tunes with more power! Decent amount of smoke on the bottom end but then she cleans up really good. Awesome power on the Maxxx effort tune which is the only one I've tried so far. Motorops trans tuning feels nice and tight. When I gun it at 70mph it downshifts into 4th quick. Again decent amount of smoke then it cleans up great. Pre-turbo EGT's are at 1050F cruising at 78mph

For the numbers; with Motorops Maxxx effort tunes from Steve the truck is pushing 585rwhp and 1055ft/lb's. Pic of dyno run attached for viewing. Just for reference; before the Danville went in the truck it was only making 371rwhp on the Maxxx effort tunes from PPEI. Once the Danville was installed we were able to push around, if I recall correctly, the 550 mark with the PPEI tunes albeit with way too much smoke. Just wouldn't clean up.

These numbers were set on a Mustang Dyno which, from what I've read, notoriously read lower than Dynojet and Dynapack dyno's. Guys in the shop told me one guy had 720rwhp on their Mustang dyno then on the same day he took it to another shop and hit over 800rwhp. They weren't sure if it was a Dynojet or Dynapack dyno.

Well that's all I have for now. Again pic of dyno run is attached to this post. Holler if you have any questions of suggestions.

Awesome man! Thanks for the update, I'm getting some funds together for a lift pump and this turbo. Keep us posted!

Lparrill
08-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Awesome man! Thanks for the update, I'm getting some funds together for a lift pump and this turbo. Keep us posted!

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember something about keeping this truck completely stock :roflmao:

NinjaMax
08-13-2016, 06:41 PM
I may be mistaken but I seem to remember something about keeping this truck completely stock :roflmao:

I don't need people like you in my life lol

dmarriner60
08-13-2016, 08:11 PM
I'd say just as good! I just took the brother for a ride and he said it felt smoother to him. Whether that's the turbo or trans tuning or both I can't be sure. It's definitely peppy and smooth in town and you won't get any complaints from me on the drivability. Like I said previously, the Danville seems to light quicker than the stocker and sounds great!

Great to hear, and thanks very much for the reviews :beer

minerigger
08-13-2016, 08:29 PM
I may be mistaken but I seem to remember something about keeping this truck completely stock [emoji23]

I don't need people like you in my life lol
So much violence and hostility...I also recall the I'm keeping this one stock

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7
08-14-2016, 02:37 AM
I built a Trans for a customers lml and he had the 68stg2r and it dynod 630rwhp with ppei tunes.

Seems odd for Kory to be 200hp less then someone else? But glad you got the truck running better :thumb:

fallooffie
08-14-2016, 07:37 AM
I built a Trans for a customers lml and he had the 68stg2r and it dynod 630rwhp with ppei tunes.

Seems odd for Kory to be 200hp less then someone else? But glad you got the truck running better :thumb:

Apples to apples it wasn't a 200 hp difference. I had noted what we were getting with the PPEI tunes before the 3794 Stg2 was installed then I wrote "Once the Danville was installed we were able to push around, if I recall correctly, the 550 mark with the PPEI tunes albeit with way too much smoke. Just wouldn't clean up."

fallooffie
08-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Mafia, forgot to ask but what type of dyno did your customer with the 630rwhp run on? Thanks!

slowlml
08-14-2016, 07:51 AM
371 on a Maxx effort tune is low. Definitely had a hard part or tuning issue. Was that with the cp3 or cp4?

fallooffie
08-14-2016, 07:58 AM
That was with the CP3. Truck was never dynoed without the CP3. We all came to the conclusion the tuning was the problem. Before I switched to Motorops and was still using PPEI we all of a sudden jumped almost 200hp when they installed the Danville. Doesn't that seem like an extreme jump just from upgrading the turbo? From 371 to around 560?

slowlml
08-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Most lmls dyno between 480s n low 500s on a max effort tune, stock turbo, stock cp4. With the cp3 it should have been atleast 530 or so give or take. Every truck is different and so are the dyno but that 371 seemed low. Those are good numbers don't think I'm knocking the truck or anything but 560 still seems on the low side for a 68mm turbo and a bigish cp3. 372 to 560 is a big jump but with cp3 and turbo it makes sense.

fallooffie
08-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Yeah that's why we still thought we had a tuning issue with PPEI. Motorops ended up making 585. Obviously 15hp isn't that big of a difference but the truck is running so much cleaner now. I know you're not knocking the truck. I'm in the same boat in thinking it seemed low. I would like to try out a Dynojet dyno just to see if it's true that they read roughly 12% higher than Mustang dyno's. If that is the case then I would be roughly around the 655rwhp mark. Would be very interesting to see the difference between the two.

slowlml
08-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Take it to a 1/4 or 8th track. Your et n mph will show you what kind of numbers your putting down.:thumb:
Glad it's running better for you.

fallooffie
08-14-2016, 08:34 AM
Ha I've never been on a track but I guess there's a first time for everything. Thanks!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7
08-14-2016, 05:02 PM
Was on a super flow dynp at 4500' elevation

Digmax
08-16-2016, 09:28 AM
BTW 25k rail on a lml will def effect power kory tuned my lml after my 10 mm swap and I would still drop rail down to 24,500 so sent him some logs and he did something with the fpr adjustment and will hold 29 now cleaner and more power sounds like you prob had same problem in your tuning

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Dart.340
09-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I went to order this turbo today and it's no longer available. Frack. Pain in the butt. Marc told me too many tuners were having issues on the lml and blaming his turbo.
I hope someone can figure a way to tune these things I'd live to have a 65 or 66 mm turbo

fallooffie
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM
I went to order this turbo today and it's no longer available. Frack. Pain in the butt. Marc told me too many tuners were having issues on the lml and blaming his turbo.
I hope someone can figure a way to tune these things I'd live to have a 65 or 66 mm turbo

May just be in your best interest to go with a fixed vane turbo if swapping the stocker, will lose turbo brake though, or go with compound setup over stock turbo.

MarkBroviak
09-10-2016, 04:46 PM

Sorry guys but yes it is true! I yanked the LML turbo stuff off the website for now until they can get the tuning crap figured out. You would think after 6+ years in the field that they would have this stuff figured out but unfortunately no. I have been building vgt turbos for 10 years now and it feels like I have to prove everyday the reason why my turbos hold all the VGT turbo records and it honestly is taking all of the fun out of it for me! The LML VGT tuning issue is a software issue plain and simple. I sooo sick and tired of getting phone calls from customers because their tuner said it is a turbo problem when it is clearly a control issue with the software. Unfortunately for me I am NOT a software engineer/computer programmer and I do NOT know how to read or use Hex-editing software. I am a mechanical guy, I am an ASE Mastertech for close to 20 years now with Advanced level certifications and specialized in engine electronics and driveability and engine performance. I completely understand the mechanical workings of everything involved in the Dmax better than most and it makes it that much more frustrating to not be able to do a damn thing about these issues. Now I will give Kory a ton of credit here because he is the only one to reach out to me to try and figure something out with this issue and he has spent a ton of time trying to find the missing tables to help with the issue. Unfortunately for him though he is on the other side of the fence from me, he is a software guy without the same mechanical background. I love the drive he has and the never give up attitude! I honestly hope that we can get it figured together it will be good for everyone involved. There is no reason to give up the vgt when they are the best of both worlds for guys with street trucks that want the driveability and turbo braking but also want the hp. We have trucks making well over 1200hp with vgt twins and triple turbo setups on fuel only so why would you want to give that up.

These pictures are the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. This was one of my 3794 stg2 LML's that was ran with Moto-Ops tuning. Customer continually called me up trying to figure out why the truck wouldn't run and I gave him the same answer I give everyone when that ask me this question, the truth! Well they started getting it to go in the right direction and then it broke. Customer calls me up and lets me have it saying that he pissed cause it never ran right and I needed to take care of it because the online info says that it was a builder error/ balance issue/over torqued. I felt bad for him because of all the issues he had and offered him a smaller turbo that would be easier for his tuner to get right. You can clearly see by the pictures that it was a tuning issue from pinching the vanes too hard trying to make boost and they melted the inducer of the turbine wheel and put it out of balance causing the failure! Why should I eat someone else's mistake??? It would be different if I was one of these Joe blow's building turbos in my garage at home on the side but I'm not! I'm certified and have a long history of it without issue! I ship on average anywhere from 20-60vgt's a month! I see less that a 1% failure rate and I take a LOT of personal pride in that! I build every single turbo myself for a reason, I can't pass the buck to someone else! It's my baby plain and simple and it is the same with my tuning, I'm the only one at Danville that tunes for the same reason! Sorry for the rant guys but it just drives me nuts dealing with this stuff sometimes.

On a side note, I am currently working on a line of more LML specific turbos that should work with the stock vane tables so that you can have both without any issues. I will keep you guys posted on them as they are closer to release. Thanks for reading this long winded rant, sorry again.

PureHybrid
09-10-2016, 05:32 PM
I'd love to see the drive pressures on that tune!

You can't make everyone happy Mark, but it seems you had the right idea pulling the plug on them.

Digmax
09-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Quick question, how much drive pressure does a lml with a 475 over stock( properly tuned 0% vain position at wot) run on a say 650 hp tune. sorry for derail but its been kinda scarin me and figured you where the man of knowledge on the subject

MarkBroviak
09-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Quick question, how much drive pressure does a lml with a 475 over stock( properly tuned 0% vain position at wot) run on a say 650 hp tune. sorry for derail but its been kinda scarin me and figured you where the man of knowledge on the subject

As long as it is 2:1 or less then it doesn't matter. By this I mean if you have 60psi boost then as long as it is less than 120psi drive then your good. Turbos live longer lives when they have a bit more drive than boost.

Digmax
09-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Wow so I didn't realize drive was that high, amazing my stock head bolts are still doing the job, would drive go down if had a 366 instead of stocker?

MarkBroviak
09-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Wow so I didn't realize drive was that high, amazing my stock head bolts are still doing the job, would drive go down if had a 366 instead of stocker?

You would need to install a gauge to see how much drive you actually have. I'm just telling you where you don't want it to go over. Cylinder pressure is what matters when it comes to engine components living or failing. Your truck idles with 650-750psi in the cylinder and 0 drive pressure. At power your in the 2500-3000psi range on a big tune so even you had 120psi of drive the motor doesn't care. Drive is only an issue when the hp starts dropping as it increases, then you need to worry about it.

Digmax
09-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Gotcha def learning here was thinking would get the gaskets quicker with high drive, kory has done my tuning and truck feels awesome as far as when im on it hard although at cruising speed is kinda laggy but not bad, doubt that is a drive issue though, seems like vanes are little to open at part throttle but not a big deal at all. Tow tune is a lot better

PureHybrid
09-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Mark, have you experienced any valve float due to high drive pressure in the upper rpms with stock springs?

Dart.340
09-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks Mark. Can't wait till you have a listing for an lml turbo. Appreciate the time you spent on the phone with me

S Phinney
09-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Gotcha def learning here was thinking would get the gaskets quicker with high drive, kory has done my tuning and truck feels awesome as far as when im on it hard although at cruising speed is kinda laggy but not bad, doubt that is a drive issue though, seems like vanes are little to open at part throttle but not a big deal at all. Tow tune is a lot better

When vanes are open a little too much at a certain spot that is a drive pressure issue with it being low at that moment.

MarkBroviak
09-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Mark, have you experienced any valve float due to high drive pressure in the upper rpms with stock springs?

Technically yes but it was twins with 60psi boost and 4500rpms to see them float and it's the intake that like to float.

NC-smokinlmm
09-11-2016, 07:40 AM
Let me know when that new LML turbo is ready Mark. I'd love to try one out! :)

Digmax
09-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Yes true but its tuning not actual hard parts

Dart.340
09-12-2016, 09:26 AM
I hope mark can release these turbos again. I'll have one on order in a heart beat. I know there will always be tuning issues but there has to be a way to make them work.

Hernpj01
10-13-2016, 07:01 AM
Any update on the new lml turbo mark?

MarkBroviak
12-01-2016, 01:46 PM
I am currently working on this project and will post it publicly when I can. Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.:thumb:

bigmackmiller
12-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Sub'd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk