LBZ: Questions About the PPE Xcelerator Programmer for the LBZ [Archive] - Duramax Diesels Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LBZ: Questions About the PPE Xcelerator Programmer for the LBZ

RayMich
07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I am considering the purchase of a PPE Xcelerator Programmer for use on my 2006 GMC Duramax LBZ diesel and I have some questions regarding these products (ECONOMY-XG0607E or STANDARD-XG0108S)

Can I read Injector Balance Rates on an LBZ?

Can I perform a transmission reset and quick relearn on the LBZ?

Can I turn off the EGR on the LBZ?

What are the horsepower and torque levels available for the LBZ with the ECONOMY and STANDARD programmers?
Thanks.

NelsonDiesel
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I am considering the purchase of a PPE Xcelerator Programmer for use on my 2006 GMC Duramax LBZ diesel and I have some questions regarding these products (ECONOMY-XG0607E or STANDARD-XG0108S)

Can I read Injector Balance Rates on an LBZ?
Yes, you can see balancing rates

Can I perform a transmission reset and quick relearn on the LBZ?
yes, you can reset the trans (standard)

Does it automatically

What are the horsepower and torque levels available for the LBZ with the ECONOMY and STANDARD programmers?
4 Levels top being 225 i believe

ppediesel.com has the specifics.

Thanks.

I can sell ya a standard when you are ready

You can also call me at 714-423-7204 if you have any more questions.

RayMich
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Does it automatically

I can sell ya a standard when you are ready.

You can also call me at 714-423-7204 if you have any more questions.
I am confused here...

Are you saying that once I program my truck with the PPE Xcelerator, the truck will no longer have EGR and I won't need to worry about any EGR codes? Is this the case for all power levels?

How does it shut off the EGR? --Does this mean that I Will NOT need to install an EGR blocker plate?

Thanks.

Kat
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I am confused here...

Are you saying that once I program my truck with the PPE Xcelerator, the truck will no longer have EGR and I won't need to worry about any EGR codes? Is this the case for all power levels?

How does it shut off the EGR? --Does this mean that I Will NOT need to install an EGR blocker plate?

Thanks.

You will still need a blocker plate. Bigger tunes will blow open the EGR. I think he was referring to the light on the dash.

RayMich
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM
You will still need a blocker plate. Bigger tunes will blow open the EGR. I think he was referring to the light on the dash.
Thanks Kat.

Yes, I realize that at high power levels the EGR valve can be blown open, but how about at the lower power levels? Does the PPE automatically command the EGR off without me specifically requesting it or is there something one needs to set to prevent the EGR valve from opening? My transmission is still stock, so at least for now, I won't be going after huge gobs of power, but I do want to be able to turn off the EGR and stop it from ingesting all that soot if I can at all help it, along with getting better fuel economy and a little more power.

Down the road, I do intend to get my tranny updated so it can handle the higher power settings.

NelsonDiesel
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
throw in a transgo jr and your tranny will be fine with a standard as long as you don't smash on it all the time.

can someone edit my post above. i didn't pay attention that this was in PPE's forum.... :o