LML Info on BCM codes [Archive] - Duramax Diesels Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LML Info on BCM codes

Trotorx2
01-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure where to post this so I'll start it here and move if needed.

I recently bought a 2011 GMC 2500HD and after I brought it home I started getting the check engine light first start of the morning. Well It is the P205B and I know what it is but the other day when it set I called OnStar to get their take on it and they ran some checks and came back and said I had 3 codes. The 205B then she said B1590 and B1722. She said they were for the passenger door module. I can't find much info about these online. Anybody have either info they can share or a link to help me figure these out?

The truck has 69K miles so I'm hoping that the P205B code for the DEF tank is still covered by warranty but the B codes probably aren't.
So far I like the truck and today I finally got the "dead pedal" people are talking about.

Any help will be appreciated!

Trotorx2
01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
B1590 LF mirror vertical position sensor circuit malfunction

B1722 Mirror power fold control circuit malfunction

Ok these make more sense than what I was finding. This truck is a Denali and had folding mirrors but the person that owned it before me put tow mirrors on it. I'm thinking that the tow mirrors ain't jiving with the BCM or whatever controls the mirrors. Will these codes eventually clear themselves?

messejme
01-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Probably wont leave unless you put the original mirrors back on the truck

Trotorx2
01-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Well if that is the case I guess I'll live with it as I pull a 5th wheel and need the tow mirrors.
As far as I can tell the mirrors work fine. They move as required and the turn signals work.

i_keyser
01-11-2014, 11:50 AM
you can reprogram the door module so it knows that the tow mirrors are there instead of the smaller ones, then that should clear up any problems in the BCM

Trotorx2
02-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Sorry to bring back up this old post but I'm finally getting some time off and will be going to the dealer about the P205B code. It trips just about every day now. Any advice? Will this require the DEF tank to be replaced? Can I get the code turned off with EFI? I'm pretty sure the emissions warranty is 5/50 and I'm at 70K now so the repair will probably come out of my pocket. :(