Lly help!!!! [Archive] - Duramax Diesels Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lly help!!!!

jacobdewey
08-10-2012, 07:50 AM
I just swapped out my FPR on my LLY last night and now it's having a weird issue. I just grabbed a used one cuz a buddy had one, but I'm not sure if this is still my problem or if i left something unplugged when i put everything back together. It idles great now, (no lope like before) but Once i get past a 1/4 throttle it's like i hit a governer in the engine..... but it drives fine as long as i keep it at very light throttle. It's not thrown a ses light yet either, and I don't have a scan tool handy to check anything out. If you guys have any ideas off the top of your head, that would be helpful. Thanks

Chevy1925
08-10-2012, 08:06 AM
you turn the your lift pump back on?

kinda sounds like that FPR is stuck. I would say unplug the FPR and see if it goes full rail pressure but you have no way of checking if it really does. You need to get a scan tool to really narrow it down without throwing crap at it

jacobdewey
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
No lift pump. This truck is bone stock. I'll pull my insight off my other truck and use it to check out everything.

Chevy1925
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
watch rail pressure and see if it stops climbing when you hit that "wall" with the pedal. i would bet that FPR you put in is sticking

Tayler
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
There's a boost sensor in the intake runner, is it plugged back in?

jacobdewey
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
watch rail pressure and see if it stops climbing when you hit that "wall" with the pedal. i would bet that FPR you put in is sticking

You hit the nail on the head. Pulled my insight out of my lb7 and my rail was 9.5k at idle. I unplugged the fpr and was still at 9.5k. I knew the pump was good cuz it made 24k the night i pulled it in to change the fpr, so I shelled out Lots of $$$ to get one from my local dealer since i needed it today. Runs like a top now. At idle Desired is 5k and it Holds 5k perfect. Thanks James. Being a cheapskate and buying a used part bit me in the ass, but i'll look at the bright side, I am really good at changing fpr's now. :)

Chevy1925
08-11-2012, 06:43 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Pulled my insight out of my lb7 and my rail was 9.5k at idle. I unplugged the fpr and was still at 9.5k. I knew the pump was good cuz it made 24k the night i pulled it in to change the fpr, so I shelled out Lots of $$$ to get one from my local dealer since i needed it today. Runs like a top now. At idle Desired is 5k and it Holds 5k perfect. Thanks James. Being a cheapskate and buying a used part bit me in the ass, but i'll look at the bright side, I am really good at changing fpr's now. :)

Lol good deal bud. Glad you got her figured out! :D :hug:. Those little fpr's gotta stay cleeeeeeaaaaaan or they stick.

paint94979
08-11-2012, 12:26 PM
i would have ran a piss load of 2 stroke oil through it before replacing it again, but congrats on it running well again

jacobdewey
08-12-2012, 09:54 AM
i would have ran a piss load of 2 stroke oil through it before replacing it again, but congrats on it running well again

Yeah, I did that on my LB7 and I still had to end up replacing it.