Need some pricing please [Archive] - Duramax Diesels Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need some pricing please

SmokeShow
04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Mike, I have cracked yet another tailhousing due to a bad u-joint and thereby likely have fried my clutch packs. As you may or may not recall, I have a SCIII built by Eric Merchant. My thinking is, I should just need a new tail housing case and all new clutch packs.

Now, do clutch packs include clutches and steels or just clutches? I'm thinking both. If not, I'd think I'll need both and obviously need pricing for both.

Continueing... I mentioned that I have a SCIII... I would appreciate it if you would price this as just a scIII clutch pack (or whatever is all inclusive on clutches and steels) rebuild AND as a SCIV. my understanding is the difference is only one more clutch pack - the c4 pack? If that's right and the price isn't that much higher, I'll likely roll with the IV this time around just because. :D

So, in summary, I need the following pricing:

1)Enough clutches and steels to rebuild my SCIII
2)A new (to me, not necessarily a new one) tail housing case
3)Anything else that you suggest should be replaced due to this failure.

AND

Alt. Price 1) pricing for rebuilding up to a SCIV from my current SCIII.
Alt. Price 2) Snake Oil added to the mix. ;)

Thanks. I've used Eric in the past and am 100% satisfied with my trans. prior to this recent failure but he is moving shops right now and is obviously very busy with that so I haven't been able to get in touch with him. I'm not trying to step on toes but I want to get this done so me and the ol' lady are stuck sharing a vehicle for any longer than need be. ;)

C-ya
Mitch

p.s. Feel free to PM if you don't or can't post the pricing here.

p.s.s. Online communication is best for me as I don't like taking outside phone calls much at work and my cell phone doesn't work at work anyways. You are on a much different time zone as I am so if phone is the only/best way for you, then we can probably work that out as well since it's middle of the afternoon there for you when I get off.

Mike L.
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I am also in the process of moving plus there is a shortage at this time on the Alto clutches. My suggestion is either Eric or Suncoast for your parts.

SmokeShow
04-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks Mike. I'll continue to try and get with them.

Is absolutely the best to go with Alto? Is there another viable option?

Where can I look into getting that housing on my own???

Thanks again.